The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Any reviews for "Intercessor" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

themagician64
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of themagician64
I haven't seen one for this product yet. Any one have this one? I am mostly a stage magician not a card worker.
may the Greats Live On!
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
There are several threads already .... Do a search
Phillip
DavyBoy
View Profile
New user
Dorset UK
71 Posts

Profile of DavyBoy
This one is designed for the cardworker and not ideal for stage.

DavyBoy
MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
GREAT Gimmick.

I posted a review at PenguinMagic.com a while back, check it out (seach for the product, its on the same page as Intercessor)

MagiCat Smile
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
553 Posts

Profile of debaser
It's real good. Not perfect, but good.

Matt
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
723 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
IMO, I think it's better than good. It's ingenious and there are some amazing things you can do with it. The little booklet will get you started, but just let your mind go and you will come up with some great uses for the stage.

I saw Gaeton use the Intersessor for a great routine last year at the Phoenix Gathering in Baltimore and he got a great reaction for this very novel use. In short, Gaeton came out to start his lecture and noticed the table he was working on was a bit wobbly. He took one of the cards from his deck and folded it in quarters and stuck it under one of the legs to stabilize the table.

Anyway, the lecture continued and towards the end he did a card trick ( the exact plot I am not remembering too clearly). The card (corner) was torn off and the remainder of the card was destroyed and restored several times and ultimately the final restoration turned out to be the folded card he put under the table leg at the beginning of the lecture...the corner matched perfectly...A very strong routine IMO
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
corpmagi, thanks for sharing!!
His idea woke me up!!

Michael Lam Smile
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Gaetan Bloom is a heck of a thinker - one of my favorite effect is his balancing card. But, the Intercessor effect can be made in easier ways (and gimmickless - see the Michael Ammar videos); his gimmick is not really necessary
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1804 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Yes the effects can be done without the gimmick but they are not as strong any more. With intercesor the spectator can rip the corner off!
The problem with intercesor is not to make effects so imbossible that there is only on solution that is the right one.
Mark Butcher
View Profile
Regular user
Rochester, NY
116 Posts

Profile of Mark Butcher
I love The Intercessor. The beauty of it, compared to the standard corner switches, is the spectator can sign the corner while it it still attached to the card.

-Mark
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
I have to agree with Mark on this. This is a great idea, and typical of Bloom thinking.
Cheers,
David
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I know that I'm digging up a relic here, but with a limited search capability this thread is the best thing that I could come up with. I'm a little hesitant to do this trick. What card force works best with this gimmick? I'm dieing to perform it, but I don't feel comfortable doing a card force with this gimmick on top of my deck.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Al,

I have the gimmick on the bottom of the deck when I do a riffle force. Once I hand the "chosen" card to the person, I have them show it to the group, and demonstrate by taking the card (gimmick) from the bottom and show that card to the crowd. Then I replace it on top the deck, ready to take the "chosen" card into position to tear the corner off. Hope that makes sense. PM me if you have any questions

Ken
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ken
That makes a lot of sense to me. I'll try it later, and get back to you if I have any other questions. You would think that with this gimmick the booklet would recomend a force technique.
Thanks
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Anthony Istar
View Profile
New user
Lyon, France
42 Posts

Profile of Anthony Istar
That's the gimmick that made me want to become a professional magician. I had it in my hand in my early years and it pushed me to create a close-up show. Then I met Gaetan and he's just a wonderful person!!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
This has to be oneof my favourite card routines. Normally I will prepare 3 or 4 cards in advance, when I arrive at the venue I will put them in different places. Now I can make the card repeatedly reappear in impossible placces.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Anthony Istar
View Profile
New user
Lyon, France
42 Posts

Profile of Anthony Istar
I would like to try once without any force but a stooge (and a duplicate intercessor of course).
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One of the highest quality magic props I have ever purchased.. This thing is a marvel of engineering, i
ho.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Any reviews for "Intercessor" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL