The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gesticulated Changeover Source? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Does anyone know where Gary Kurtz sleight called the Gesticulated Changeover first appeared. I would be great if I can get the title, and year of when it came out. Someone mentioned on the Café a while back that it appeared in the second vhs from A-1 Multimedia. If this is correct what is the name of the product?

Thanks,
Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
I believe it was first explained in his book, Unexplainable acts. To which I have seemingly lost my copy...

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Page 77 (c) 1990
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
The dvd title is "making magic" and the move is featured in the routine "misty like a dream"; that routine contains the effect "trio" which is in the above referenced book. Great book!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Actually, it's Creating Magic, but either way, both of his dvds are great...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Gahrsim
View Profile
New user
Nantes, France
10 Posts

Profile of Gahrsim
Yes that's a pretty good move he uses all the time (or rather he used to...before moving to mentalism)

I think the very first description of this move in the 1st MacMillan Lecture he gave at the International Magic Convention , but I know Kurtz has been into magic since the 70' so can't be sure, maybe before in some lecture notes ? I can't recall if he uses the move in Full Frontal Assault.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I'm fairly certain it isn't in FFA nor in Flurious. THe book would pre-date the video. Unless he had a set of lecture notes describing Trio (not trio in three which is the 2 copper 1 silver routine) I would say the book is the source.

Where is Dan Watkins when you need him...
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I checked FFA, it is not in there, I don't have any notes on Trio, so I don't know, but as Jon Townsend wrote, it is in the book page 77.
Click to visit:
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I THINK its in Departures...Continuations 1 (1988) In the routine "Zero,One.Two, Four. It's used before the routine starts,but no title is given, But after the start, he titles the next phase as Transfer # 2.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gesticulated Changeover Source? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL