The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My favorite Paul Harvey "The Rest Of The Story" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
Since I just LOVE the "old days" of TV (the 50's-70's) and also these great radio spots Paul did, a friend sent me this (audio tape) some years ago.

Since we know that Paul passed away recently, I wanted to share this on here. Figured the best way was to do a YouTube "video" of it like the ones I've seen there with a favorite song...just a shot of the radio or record/tape playing.

Anybody else have their own favorite "Rest Of The Story" they remember Paul doing???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8bCha2MlQ
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Sorry, bro. I can't pick a favorite. I like them all.

Paul Harvey was "the man."
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I always thought Harvey deserved an A++++ for style and personality, a D- for intentionally blurring the line between show content vs paid commercial content. That's very close to deceptive (there are rules against broadcasters doing that in most programming these days).
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
Anybody remember the one Paul did about "Manny"...the guy that wanted to be a fighter pilot in the war???

This was one that'd really "inspire" anybody!!!

I'll try and remember...and post it here IF anybody would like to here what I remember of it(only heard it on radio ONCE...but always remembered it!!)

They (whoever "they" are!!) should offer a big DVD set of ALL the Paul Harvery "The Rest Of The Story"....imagine the fun of listening to several hours of them on a long trip!!! Or several short trips!!

Guess who "Manny" was!!?? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My favorite Paul Harvey "The Rest Of The Story" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL