The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Torn N ReColoured (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey guys,

Heads up on a new effect. This is my take on the classic plot. It's a wacky approach to the plot and one that I much prefer. The basic effect being you tear up a red backed card and restore it but during which changing the back colour to a different colour. It will be available on DVD and Download shortly. Of course pre release copies will also be sent out. One or two of the moves in this version of TnR are very close to me and I have only let a few people into the secret. There will also be a few extra gems on the DVD.

For full demo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BkQpUgybE

For more information:http://www.jamiedaws.co.uk/tornnrecoloured.htm

Best Wishes!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
This is an awesome TnR one of the moves that Jamie speaks of is a real magician fooler and completely ingenious. This is a very very visual effects and Jamies first effect on DVD. Can't wait to get my copy!

JJ
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Very nice TnR. I highly recommend this to those who want to take their TnR to the next level.
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
This is a really nice effect. Jamie has kindly shared this with me and it's a very hard hitting trick with some very nice subtleties.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Looks really good Jamie.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thanks for the kind words! I have a couple of specially filmed pre release editions of Torn n Recoloured. They will be finished by tomorrow. Please PM me if your interested in recieving the pre release video and I will get it to you as soon as possible.

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
I like the look of this effect!
I have a couple of small gripes though(sorry).The intro on the video is really well thought out and filmed very professionally.Then we get to the demo itself and it looks amateurish.
I would also work on the get ready for the dl,you can spot it a mile away.
Other than that,I think it has great potential and is something I would be willing to purchase.
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I liked the look of the demo
Music was great, who does it?
DL could use some improvement but
it wasn't really bad.
Only thing I really didn't like about the
handling was after you restored it you
folded it back up into quarters. It could
be fore the cleanup but it was the only
part I didn't like. The effect was great
though Jamie.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey Ray,

Thank for the kind words, The performance was only supposed to give a rough idea of the effect. I had a limited time on the camera to record it as my memory chip was to small at the time. However, by the end of this week there will be a full demo trailer with audience reactions. One thing I didn't mention which Jordan mentioned is one of the moves on the demo you will watch. You Will glaze past it but when you see the method for it, you will kick yourself.

Hey Hawk, The music is a piece I found a while ago. All of the music I use is royalty free as to not get copyright issues. If anyone wants the music then PM me and I will send the names of the piece to you. You do have to refold it but in performance it makes perfect sense. Also as a nice touch, if you do have to refold it, I like to get out a mini stapler and a business card. I staple the folded card to the buisness card and allow them to open there signed card and confirm it is the very same card. Which is a nice touch as it leaves them with a loverly gift!

There are a couple of different handling ideas and ways to make everything perfectly simple and easy to do!

Thanks to everyone who requested a PreRelease copy, They will be with you very shortly.

Best Wishes alll!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
For those who don't know, stationary cameras are really tough on magicians. Things like get-ready's can be very difficult to cover as you can't misdirect the camera. A get-ready like the one Jamie performed is very easy to cover in the real world with misdirection.

This does look really good. At first, I thought, I have no idea how I'd present this. Then I came up with something which would be extremely logical. Although I'm sure Jamie already thought of it. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Dame right Cameron, it's very hard! There's a couple of reasions and idea's for the colour change. the version I use is pretending to use a brand new deck at the begining of the performance. Half way through I realise that I have torn a card ruining a brand new deck and that I have a blue deck at home in which I usually do this trick. So I magically switch the card with the one from my house. Turning it from red to blue. I have a duplicate red card in my deck and at the end of the trick can spread the deck showing that I really did switch it.

Im not sure if you had this in mind cameron, I'm sure you have come up with something similarly cool!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I hate to be a downer, and this really is just my opinion but... what's the point? Seems like a trick by a magic for magicians.

As you were...
Official Thread Killer
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey Stucky,

Not a Downer at all, that's a perfectly good point. The point being, I have never been a fan of torn and restored effects. They are just something that has never interest me. There are one or two versions I toyed with but never stuck with. Mainly because I found the whole thing a little Monotonous. Just tearing up a card and putting it back together. I wanted there to be something else in the trick to catch the audience of guard and to take the classic plot just a little further. I believe that magic your performing should have one of two twists just to pull everyones attention that much further. Hope this answers your questions Stucky.

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
My idea is this:

Someone selects a card from a blue deck. It turns out to be the only card in the deck with a red back (miracle number one!). You say this is a mistake and tear up the card as it is of no use. But you have second thoughts and think that maybe you can correct the situation with a bit of magic... Restore the card and change the back to match the deck.

An idea to play with perhaps.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Ha, I like it cameron, I hadn't thought of that. That's an awesom idea!

There will be a new demo up within the next day or so. The PreRelease DVD's will be shipped out within the next day or so AND I will be setting a release date for it shortly.

Best Wishes,

Jamie D
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
First thing I thought of reading the description is a reverse version of TnR by Mathieu Bich, with the back instead of the face changing. I'm sure it is much different as far as technique and clean-up, just first impression. Smile

Paul
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Piz,
The method is completely different than TnR.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ As I stated, obviously it is, and after watching it it looks a tad-bit sloppy at one point (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, VERY obvious). I look forward to the new vid! Smile

T&R's are some of my favs to perform, I look forward to this one Smile

Paul
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Really like the idea Cameron! Look forward to some reviews!
Adam
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The new video is up. I hope this one is more what people were looking for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-AeMg0uf-A

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Torn N ReColoured (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL