The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "The Meeting", a Very Short Love Story. Tell me what you think. Thanks. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
NOTE : Look this may be out of place here but please read this short Love Story (it's not too mushy guys don't worry) and tell me what you think. You've seen some of my poetry already. I LOVE writing, it's Cathartic for me. If you like you can write a short story too while replying to this or do both. It's UP TO YOU. Here I'm being "REAL". I may or maynot but probably I will add on to it. Thanks.

The Meeting A Very Short Love Story

(This is just a writing assignment I gave myself. I love to write and before I die I want to write a book, maybe a Biography, or a Memoirs or maybe one on my own tricks I come up with. I am a slow “One Finger” typer. I took creative writing in High School and at the very least got a B, but I’m sure it was probably an A. Okay you know I’m single and would love to meet future Miss Right. Being an “Idealist” at times to the extreme, the set-up for this is how I’ve always dreamed of meting that special someone. I promise my reactions here are what I’d really say in real life. Here you’ll also read what my ideal match would be, how she’d act, age, occupation ... etc.)

Main Characters

Ed (Myself) - Which I hope you’ve come to know.

Stephanie - Stephanie is a 19 year old senior in High School, where she is a “Flyer” on the varsity cheerleading squad. She has silky flowing blonde hair that falls about 3 inches past her shoulders. She has big blue, deep, expressive eyes with a hint of the mischievous, and playfulness in them. Her look is “soft”, and sweet. Her skin tone is normal or in between. She’s around 5'4, and average in weight, not too skinny or too heavy. Her voice is soft with a nice southern draw and it’s soothing to the ear being from Kentucky. Her legs are nice and shapely with her feet being about a size 6. Kinda shy at first upon meeting her, she can be a bubbly chatterbox when she feels comfortable, with a hearty infectious laugh. In her ears she has a diamond stud in each love. If you think you’re hallucinating when you see her face sparkle you aren’t, as in her lightly make-up face she has some glitter. Yes Stephanie is your typical girly girl, real feminine so to speak with nice blood red manicured and pedicured fingernails and toenails, plus you can’t help but smell a hint of raspberry perfume ever so lightly worn.

She is the oldest out of three girls, the others being ages Ashley 15, and Madison “Maddy” 12. She is very close to her family, her church and God and attends every Sunday Mass being Catholic. She has a part time job, at a daycare as she loves kids, and animals too by the way. Everyone who knows Stephanie says “Oh that Stephanie is such a sweetheart and would give her last dollar to a starving homeless person, my dear what a big heart she has”. An example at parties if she even goes at all she’s always the designated driver. Heck, one summer for 4 weeks she helped a elderly neighbor paint her house. If that isn’t enough occasionally she volunteers at the local no kill animal shelter. Her dress is simple summer dresses, nice blouses and skirts no shorter than three inches above the knee, when working jeans, a T-Shirt white ankle socks and white tennies. At school she’s mostly a B student and is involved in the drama club. She’s only 19 still in High School, because of her late Spring Birthday.

She loves music, all kinds even heavy metal. Yes she can head bang it up with the rest of them, plus she’s a great drummer having taken lessons the past 3 years just looking for a all girl band. She also loves driving, having a cherry red corvette convertible which she races at the local track, for time, or against another person. She can handle a car very well and isn’t afraid of speed, and she loves amusement parks and roller coasters too.
No, no she’s not perfect by any means. She’s very sensitive and is the type to cry during movies, not that, that is a bad thing, but if you push her too far she has spunk. If she has to she’ll put up a good argument or argue for someone who isn’t able to due to her protective nature. For the most part she is tender, a good listener, understanding, and is very non judgmental giving everyone a chance while keeping her wits about her. Oh before I forget, she is always blowing bubbles with her bubble gum. While a bit innocent, a virgin, she’s no dummy around guys, and will put them in their place if not treated like the lady she is.

Setting - It’s late August in the old New England Town of Portsmouth New Hampshire at about 10pm at night in the historic town’s square. Portsmouth was settled in 1624, and is a big seaport town, with lots of restaurants, theaters, and shops that’s mostly upper middle class. While technically a city, there are no big high buildings, with a very low crime rate. Actually it was named 5 most safest place to live. A good majority of the people know each other, and it’s a somewhat progressive town, as in a night of you see 2 to 3 same sex couples holding hands. It has lots of coffee shops where in some they hold poetry readings. Public Drunkenness usually after midnight on the weekends with the occasional fight breaking out is for the most part the worst it gets. From the town’s square there are literally 30-35 Restaurants and bars within 5-10 minute walking distance, so it’s a tourist town especially in the summer. There’s a Magician that has become part of the Town’s weekend nightlife the past 12 summers and a street musician here and there. So it’s 10pm in my town, and I’ve just done magic for about a crowd of 15 the past 20 minutes, and the crowd clears and I look up and see....

Her, my heart skips a beat at the beautiful girl staring back at me sitting on the steps. She’s chewing gum smiling looking me over while wearing her cheer uniform. It says PHS, which stands for Portsmouth High School, the colors being maroon and white. “You know Eddini you got quite a gift. My friends and I when I have the time like coming to watch you. Last summer my friend Sara told me you hypnotized her and the rest of my friends said they haven’t laughed that hard in a while”, she said. Kinda blushing I said “why thank you....I try. It takes lots of practice”. “I bet” she replied. “So why were you sitting there while I was performing with your cute self “? I said. She kinda sighed saying “Oh sorry, I’m beat I’ve been cheering since like 7 tonight, my feet and legs hurt a little”. “I’m sorry you gonna be okay” I said. Laughing a little she said “Oh yeah I’ve been cheering since I was 5, so I’m more than use to it, plus we won the football game tonight. I’m just out enjoying the town. I’m a bit thirsty though. Hey Eddini are you thirsty? I can go get us some drinks”. Yes actually I am.....here I got the money”. “Eddini you don’t have to do that” she said. “Hey don’t worry about it, here’s a 5 get me a mountain dew and whatever you want, okay hon, and you can call me Ed” I replied. “Oh you’re such a sweetheart, thanks” she said taking the money winking at me walking away to get out drinks.

Wow she’s friggin hot I thought to myself and sweet too. I better get her age though when she gets back. A cheerleader, why I’ve always loved them. It is a sport, people who say otherwise are ignorant. There’s tumbling, gymnastics, and they compete, and win trophy’s. Hell games are just their practice. What gorgeous eyes and nice legs and that accent, why I’m surprised I didn’t melt just standing here. Hmmmm.
“Ed here’s your mountain dew, I got some juice and you got a buck fifty in change”, she said kinda startling me from my thoughts of her. “No keep it, you know in case you need it for tolls” I said trying to be a gentleman. “Are you sure Ed? You stand here and work hard” she retorted back. “Come on don’t be silly, thanks for getting it for me...ahhh, I didn’t get your name”. “Oh sorry it’s Stephanie” she responded. “What a pretty name and if you don’t mind me asking, how old are you Stephanie” I asked. “It’s cool she said half giggle, I turned 19 last February 28. Yes I know I look young” she said kinda blushing. I replied back, “Well I think you look great, you have very pretty eyes Miss Pisces...lol”. “That I am Ed. What are you and your age” she asked. “I’m too old...lol. No, I’m Leo the Lion, and I’m 32" I answered. “32...not bad, and my Dad is a Leo too. We get along great” she quipped smiling. “I got one question where’s your boyfriend at getting late and all” I asked. “Well Ed God hasn’t put the right guy in my life I guess, I mean I’ve been asked out, but when I fall in love I want it to be all consuming if you know what I mean” she said coyly. “Nice a girl after my own heart a true romantic huh...lol. Also I love your accent. Where are you from hon?” “Oh I moved here in town in the 7th grade from Kentucky” she answered. “Nice, well I moved here 10 days shy of my 18th birthday from Florida where I was born and raised. My Dad had passed away on his 51st birthday, that morning in front of me, and my mom was up here since I was 10 since they divorced”. “Awww Ed I’m so sorry. Do you like it here?” she asked. “It’s not bad and thank you by the way, most my family up here.

So we talked a little, and I did a few tricks for her. I did my A.C.R to wallet, In a Flash, Eddini’s Opener, and to mix it up I did Chronologue, and even made a fork bend with “my mind”, oh no, all top shelf stuff for this sweepee. She was obviously duly impressed watching my Magic wide-eyed as a kid who sees his grandfather vanish a coin for the very first time, plus I liked her being around...hahaha.

“Ed honest to God and I like Magic and have seen other Magicians in person and on T.V., but you are by far the best I’ve seen, and I was staring at your hands the whole time. THE WHOLE TIME! Thanks for the card I wrote on to, I’ll keep it always” she said hopped up on my performance. Blushing I said “no problem I’m so happy you enjoyed it. If you don’t mind me asking can I get your number, and of yes here’s my card, it has my myspace URL on it, add me. “Sure no problem. Yes here’s a pen. Try not to call after 11pm unless it’s a emergency, but here you go...wait I’ll squit a dash of my perfume on it for you “Magicman”...lol, that way you’l always know how I smell” she said as we both laughed at that.

“Stephanie if you aren’t busy this week maybe we could grab some food somewhere. Would you like that? My treat. I’m 32 and have NEVER owned car due to finances so if you can get us there I think you’d enjoy yourself hon”. As a sweet smile formed at her eyes, and I noticed her eyes too she said “I’d love to, and as far as getting there no problem, as long as you don’t mind speed. I got a red corvette convertible, and I love to go fast, do you Ed” with a hint of the mischievous in her eyes. “Well I’m up for almost anything as long as you’re safe I’m cool” I replied laughingly. “So it’s a date” I asked. “You bet Ed, and I’m looking forward to it and that sexy voice of yours” she said flirting. “Me to” I said giving her a seductive wink. “Well I gotta be up early for work tomorrow, so I gotta go...sorry” she said kinda sadly. “It’s okay. You really rock Steph. We’ll talk on the phone for details” I said. She kissed my cheek and walked away.
TO BE CONTINUED...........
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
And they replied? Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Well....nothing yet. Look as I wrote I DIDN'T want this ti be a All About Ed creative writing thread. I did, and STILL ASK for feedback, BUT I'd also like to read what other people have to write whether a short story, poems, essaya...etc. I'm still going to be adding to this. This is probably one of my FAVORITE parts of the Café because you can write about stuff that isn't magical. Like I said, we all have a dream of a particular situation. I've always wanted to meet my Future Partner either through my Magic or at church. I'm NOT saying I'm a wuss but as far as romance and you all can laugh at make fun of me all you want (NOT that I think you would, you all are a great group of people), I've always liked romance. Hell when I was 15 I use to read Harlequin Romance Novels, and one good boof was Heartbeat by Danielle Steel, a fellow Leo like me. Why society would call a guy that "Gay" (Though I have zero against them, live and let live) is beyond me. Growing up, though I played the usual cars and trucks (Tonka), had wrestlers and a ring, G.I. Joes, I was a kid that JUST didn't play with all boys. I use to love playing "House"...lol. I can't believe I'm admitting that, but it's true. One day I could be playing rough and tumble with the boys, the next day I could be playing with girls, house or whatever, even then I was no wuss. I was the protector of the girls in my neiborhood. One of my favorite games was "Doctor"...LMAO. Without T.M.I., I grew up REAL quick due do "Situations" that happened to me by a LADY friend of the family's at ONLY 3. So when I was 5, I was LITERALLY having thoughts most 10 year old boys were having. My first kiss I was 7, my first kiss (passionately), I was the wee age of 9.

So the boys may've have made fun of me for playing with girls, I WAS NO DUMMY, and I, NOT them was getting sugar...lol. Hell I even played Ken. when I played Babrbie. Now any guy here who says they NEVER, ever played "House", or Babrie (Ken), then I'll say to their face they are a LIAR...lol, well 9 times out of 10 at least. Yes, I loved Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and so on. People don't realize that while females put themselves in the girls shoes, I put myself IN THE GUYS SHOES. Do people not just think of that. Seriously, while women want princes, I want a princess so to speak...STILL do. That is probably the NUMBER ONE reason I'm Depressed, and have done "Bad Measures" to leave this earth. Even more so than my Magic, fame etc, and you might laugh, my #1 Dream is to get married, and it hurts, even breaks my heart I'm single. To me JUST BEING SINGLE is reason enough to want to not be around. Growing up, maybe I was disillusioned, but I thought without much effort that a wife and kids just kinda came not automatically, but naturally with age. The longer "I'm Single", the worse I get, with age, and I get bitter and envious. I'm NOT into bars, clubs, and so on. I've tried match.com, and my church doesn't have a singles group. Quickly before I forget you can love romance, all I do is put myself in the guy's shoes.

It's NOT that I try to hard either. Actually I isolate too much, and people have sais "Eddie a girl just won't come knock on your door". Also I need to learn the art of small talk. I'm bad at it, hate it, and think it's kinda fake. I'm MUCH BETTER at diving in, and talking about more intense subjects HOWEVER that too make make girls rub the other way. Anyway the above is how I've always wanted to meet my future wife, and how that would take place. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "The Meeting", a Very Short Love Story. Tell me what you think. Thanks. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL