The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire Hunter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I just wanted to describe for you my new bizarre magick card effect, called "XPERT Vampire Hunter."

A participant selects and signs a card to represent her/him in the role of "vampire hunter."

To represent the vampire to be hunted, another card is signed on its back with an ankh, ancient symbol of the immortal; it is then lost within a packet of cards.

The participant insert her/his card face up into the packet anywhere she/he chooses: if she's/he's a successful vampire hunter, the vampire will be found just beneath her/his card. But when the cards are spread fairly, the vampire card is gone (it really is; she/he can look through them herself/himself)!

But before the vampire fled, he/she apparently left her/him with a parting gift: eternal unrest. Because when her/his signed card is turned over, inscribed on its back is the vampire symbol! This card is given to the participant as a truly bizarre souvenir.

Virtually sleight-free (no double lifts or palming), no specially printed cards, no swamis. Plus, it resets instantly for walkaround.

If you like this routine, you can get it and three more with The XPERT Device, a new tool that's received praise from these pros:

“X-traordinary!” Kenton Knepper
“I wish I’d thought of it!” Larry Becker
"[The Xpert is an] astounding accomplishment and will be embraced by magicians and mentalists. I love it!" Ben Harris

To read more about the XPERT Device, visit hocus-pocus.com
or necromancerevents.com

What do you think, gang?
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
That is a GREAT sounding routine. Good spectator participation with a Great kicker ending that I'm assuming you can leave with the spectator as a souvenir.

Well done Brother Neil.

I'm looking to add this to my repertoire.
Doug Byrd
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Not only CAN you leave the signed card with the participant, you SHOULD.

I think you'll get a lot of use out of it, Doug.
Take care,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
As always Neil I am in awe at your talent. An excellent effect!! on my way to Hocus-pocus.com right now.
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Some nice things are being said about the XPERT Device in the reviews section of the Café by guys like Tim Trono and Reed McClintock. Check it out --
[outdated link]
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Cannot wait for it to arrive!
Sounds like a most fun little item, and I have just the person to work this one on! Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Thanks for your order, kaytracy. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how much more than a "fun little item" this is!

Drop me a line when you get it.
Neil
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
This is a wonderful thing. Neil Tobin is very clever and it shows with this xpert device not only that the routines are very cool in the manuscript that comes with it. Highly recommended, I have been using mine. Thanks Neil. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I said it once and I'll say it again: Reed rocks.

Now then. To everybody with current XPERT orders at Hocus Pocus: I just sent a shipment to Hocus Pocus this morning, so you should be getting your orders very soon.

Enjoy it. And if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or drop me an email and I'll get back to you right away.

Thanks,
Neil

News: the XPERT is now on the Hot List at hanklee.com!
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Smile Smile Smile
If they (Hank Lee's) could just rush to send mine!!!!

I really can't wait!
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR XPERT USERS: BONUS EFFECTS!

Tim Trono and I have both received considerable email regarding the best way to present coin bending using the XPERT device. (In the XPERT booklet, it is a nearly hidden routine, briefly described beneath the handling of "XPERT Out Of Body.") For your convenience, I have posted complete instructions (in Tim's own words -- thanks Tim!) on my website: necromancerevents.com

Also included is a clever presentation of "XPERT X-ed Card" by Jamie Badman, which is too timely to wait for inclusion in the XPERT book of submitted routines that I'm currently assembling. (Thanks for sending it in, Jamie!)

Thanks to everybody who has gotten the XPERT. And if you don't have it yet, I'd like to mention that your friend and mine, Doug Byrd, has it in stock at http://www.bizarremagick.com
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Wow, time flies since the last posting!

It's been a full 10 years since the release of the Xpert. And FINALLY, I've completed filming an Xpert DVD.

I couldn't have done it myself (truth be told, I put it off for years), so huge thanks go to the helpful folks at Paper Crane Magic. If you've seen the high quality of their products, you already know how professional this production will be.

I have no idea how long the post-production and manufacturing process will take (everything worth waiting for takes time), but I was just too excited not to share this update with you! I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Best,
Neil
P.S. If you want to have a laugh at all the excitement caused by the initial release a decade ago, you can still find all 12 pages of it here—
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire Hunter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL