The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » WATCH...WATCH. This is a medly of coin sleights I know and do, though I'm NOY a coin guy as you see (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHR30F_wcAU

I am in NO MEANS a Coin Magician. I just know like 5 simple sleights or so, that I do MAINLY FOR KIDS ONLY. Rarely on the off beat I’ll do some. Here are the moves I demonstrate from David Roth “Expert Coin Magic Made Easy” Volume 1, really the only honestly I cared to have for the “Kid’s Sake” more or less. I did (my favorite) “The French Drop”, “Wand (Pen) Subtly”, “Classic Palm Vanish”, “Pinch Vanish”,” L’Masque Load”, “The Vernon Load”. I do, do the “Down Palm” but it has to be set-up ahead of time. So there you have it, for first time doing coin work, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Nice avatar Ed man, I can't watch the video right now - but I will check it out later.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Ed,
I gotta say, you REALLY gotta work on getting the coin naturally into CP. Jamming it down into position like that looks REAL shady, and your hand is VERY cramped when you supposedly drop it into the other hand. I'd advise working a LOT on this before showing anyone. Don't make the mistake of thinking that because they are kids, they won't notice your sleights - kids are VERY perceptive. Good luck.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Thanks Danny. I agree. To be honest I don't do that vanish except once in a Blue Moon, however I do, do the French Drop the most, if I do any coin sleights. I like the French Drop. Yes my hands are very smooth so that makes things slippery. (I do usually hide that placement better too). The Vernon Load, and L'Masque Load I haven't done in years, and the Pinch vanish again, I do only very rarely. One thing I'll do for kids id the "French Drop Switch", to change a coin into another one. I'll have a coin classic palmed in my right hand, and a different coin, different color in my left in French Drop Position. I'll do the French Drop, go into my pocket with left hand ditching coin, and grabbing pen to tap right hand, and there you got a coin change. Now the way I do the Down's Palm, is, I'll literally go behind the person, quickly get coin in position. I then as if I'm hugging the person from behind with my head side by side there head so has SEE WHAT THEY SEE instead of guessing, I'll casually show my right hand empty with a little wiggle of the fingers, show the front and back of my left hand, sweep over my right hand producing the coin. Yes it's kinda invasive to the person, but like (if you've seen my Anniversary Waltz which if you haven't you're missing out sadly) you feel out the person & situation.

For adults the only time I do a coin sleight (French Drop) in doing my thumbcuff escape, I'll say "and you look like I can trust with the keys, just hold out your hand", I'll French Drop the keys and say "Oh I'm sory they're behind your ear" and then for real give it to them. Or after doing Scotch and Soda since it's the copper that changed into a quarter, I'll say holding the quarter "That this is the trick coin" I'l French Drop, do a tossing motion up as I look up, and either produce it (from fingertips always but you all know that anyway) from behind my knee, or behind their ear, or my underarm, and it's done in like 5-8 seconds on the off-beat. My attitude too, is half serious, half playing around. If I fol them, I'm all serious, if not, I play it off as a joke.

I like to watch good coin magic as I know how hard it is. With me my hands "just don't work that way (coins)". I 90% STRICTLY ONLY do gimmicked coin tricks, scotch and soda, hopping halves, nickles to dimes or lethal tender. To be honest I'm NOT into or motivated to do coin work, as I'm much better with cards. I do like to know a few things though for the young kiddies.

Get this I've had mothers or fathers bring their 2-4 year olds in strollers, and be like "show my kid what you can do"...lol. Of course I' not going to say no, that'd be rude, plus I could use the money. So I'll do a one coin routine off the top of my head for like 2 minutes. You know just doing coin vanishes, making a coin, via the Frech Drop pas through a table and so on. Oh no, I never under estimate kids because they are bright.

As far as coin learning material I just got the VERY FIRST (Volume One) of David Roth's "Expert Coin Magic Made Easy". It's the one with Winged Silver, and Chink a Chink. Hell I can't even do the Bobo Switch, or a Shuttle pass, mostlybecause I have NO interest in taking the time to learn them. I'm a CARD GUY. The only other learning material I have is Early Ammar Volume 3 "A Touch of Magic with Coins" in which he teaches Spider Vanish, Wiped Clean, Spellbound, Han Ping Chien Move, Gallo Pitch...etc.

The ONLY coin move I'd like to master is the "Retention Of Vision Vanish". Once I get that, I'll have all I want to learn as far as coin magic. I ONLY put this video up, while yes for feedback but mostly because no one here has ever seen WHAT LITTLE coin Magic I know as I do cards mostly.

Thanks Pauldela. Yes this is how I look (make sure you're reading this DESTINY) 95% og the time as a performer. The other is ONLY a Character, just as the British Actor Sasha Cohen, hasthe Borat persona. No, just when I'm feeling Mischevious, and playful, with I get deckedout in "Corpse Paint". It's for fun, and I enjoy it. I'll CONTINUE to wear it too if the mood fancies me. I go with my moods. Thanks Again, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Actually, I'd love to know how to do a split screen picture, so it's one picture, with that picture on one side and the other on the other side asto show the two extremes of my look, kinda being a metaphor for my own personality. I'm sure I've seen pics like that here. Peace & Love, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
David Roth has lots of great coin sleights and his retention and shuttle pass are excellant.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes I've seen them, they're great. I forgot the only other coin trick I've done is Bill Malone's Coin Matrix, probably because it's not too, TOO difficult and to the point, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » WATCH...WATCH. This is a medly of coin sleights I know and do, though I'm NOY a coin guy as you see (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL