The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Here's a question for you ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
If one day you mum and your wife is in the deep blue sea calling for help.Both of them do not know how to swim and water is their greatest enemy. Before either of them is drown to death who will you save ?

Note : They are no rescue boat, saving equipment or SOS phone for help you are just alone. And you can only save one person. After saving either one the other will die.

p.s this is not a trick question.

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
My wife. . .absolutely my wife.

(she's sitting about 5 feet away. Right. . .over. . .there)

sorry mom.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I guess i would have to resort to asking them a few trivia questions. The one who missed the most would end up being the weakest link and would be told "You ARE the weakest link, GOODBYE". The other one gets rescued, wa-la !!! Smile
Hope this helps...

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
That's a tough one. On one hand you have the woman that gave birth to you, wipe your butt, and cooked for you. On the other you have the woman you chose to be with for the rest of your life, who cooks for you, and who's butt you kiss. Hmmmmmm, I'd have tosay it depends on how whipped you are. If you are a man that doesn't do everything that your wife tells you, then I'd guess you'd save your mom. So in this case, Justin would save his wife. Watchuu *makes whipping motion*
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
My mom since my wife is non-existent!

OK---change the question:
WIFE/HUSBAND/MOM/KIDS????

Ellen
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Wives come and go but you only get one mom.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
That is tough....

You save the women who gave you life or you save the women who can produce more life. I love my Mom so much, and I agree with thekernel. I think we shouldn't post this kind of stuff. It is too depressing to think about.
Smile Smile Smile

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Quote:
On 2003-05-14 20:16, thekernel wrote:
Wives come and go but you only get one mom.

My answer goes with thekernel.

Its is right that in the whole world there is only one mum and wives come and go.

Symmatrix

Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I refuse to believe in the "no win" scenario. Something I learned from Captain Kirk! Smile Questions like this constrain your thinking and condition you to fail, when you should be preparing to think laterally. This IS a trick question, because how else could all these conditions miraculously occur at the same time? Don't let impossible hypothetical situations cloud your thinking. You will NEVER have to make a judgement call like this without there being a third option (or more).

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
that's right reg, id grab both and go down with the ship, if you lost either, life would be worthless any way, sacrifice yourself for them.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Since this scenario is highly unlikely, don't worry about it. (Okay, so I'm a pragmatist)

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2003-05-15 04:37, Reg Rozee wrote:
I refuse to believe in the "no win" scenario. Something I learned from Captain Kirk! Smile Questions like this constrain your thinking and condition you to fail, when you should be preparing to think laterally. This IS a trick question, because how else could all these conditions miraculously occur at the same time? Don't let impossible hypothetical situations cloud your thinking. You will NEVER have to make a judgement call like this without there being a third option (or more).

-Reg {*}

I can already come up with a 3rd option and that is what I would do.
Swim to shore and leave them both to drown.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6679 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2003-05-15 04:37, Reg Rozee wrote:

-Reg {*}

Maybe we have to resort to the Corbomite (sp?) manuever?

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
If both of them never bothered to learn how to swim, then let 'em go to davie jones locker!
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Just to be fair I would let them both drown and to save money, have a double funeral.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Well, let's face it, your mum's probably old and didn't have much life left any way!

Yeah, your wife might turn out to be a temporary attachment but at least in the divorce courts you could remind her that you saved her life.

Just kidding, of course. I'd make sure neither of them were out at sea without life jackets if they couldn't swim.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
I have no husband and I would probably save my dad over my mom, just because he's a great deal nicer.

And if it was Val Valentino, I'd save him because I love him more and he's younger than both my parents!

SORRY! Being bad again! *swats herself and goes to sit in the corner*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Here's a question for you ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL