The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for a Good Set of Plans for the Sub. Trunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If anyone knows who has a set please let me know. Don, Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
One of the Tarbell books has sub trunk plans. Or at least diagrams. Do you need working shop drawings or will that suffice? Byron Wels' illusion books have drawings for two different sub trunks.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
OK, anyone know of a web site for this Byron Wels illusions place and how much might they be? I have seen Tarbell's and it is only a drawing. Don, Smile
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Byron Wels put out a two-book set called "The Great Illusions Of Magic." One book is all workshop plans, while the other is all text explaining the illusions & drawings.

There are two variations of the Sub. Trunk in the book. You could also purchase a Paul Osborne blueprint for the illusion, if that's all you're looking for.

Best bet to find it new would be Denny & Lee, or Abbotts. I also believe there is a used copy on magicauction.com at the moment.
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
Check out;

http://www.infantino.net/subtrunk.html

I haven't bought the product, so I can't vouch for it, but it looks good. If you get it, please let me know how it went.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Zack,
I wouldn't want to disagree with you on the fact the plans are good, because I haven't yet seen them.

However I did buy them over a year ago from Infantino, and they are still "in the post" according to him a couple of weeks ago. He has not been very interested in sorting this out.

And as for complaining to PayPal, he hung it out past the 30 day complaint/refund date.

All I'm saying is beware.

James.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Thanks, I'll avoid buying this set of plans, also the guy does have a P.O. BOX No. If the guy doesn't care then he is not one to deal with. Just my feelings. Don.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
A simple trunk will suffice, then you can decide if you wish for it to be a top loader,etc. after which you can do this yourself, with a few key points.

You don't really need plans, although I had mine crafted by a "Real Builder"

PM me and I can email you some pictures of my Dual Subtrunk/tipover trunk.

You might wish to build yours modeled after mine which can also be used as an ATA Case.

Happy hunting...rr
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I built and designed my sub trunk. I had never designed and build my own illusion before but I did with this one and it turned out great. PM me and I can give you some tips and some things to keep in mind and look out for. I agree that plans aren't really necessary.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Let me tell you folks one thing. ReyReys Trunk is the best one I have seen. Absolutely GORGEOUS. Don.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Thank you Brother Don. Some girls may say the same thing - j/k. I couldn't resist passing on that one.

I am happy to help you more with this mission Don.

Later folks,rr
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
ReyRey Gotta let me know who built it for you or at least what the outside is made of. Don,
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
What is your budget Don, if I may ask? How much are you willing to spend on one of the most important pieces of stage equipment?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
ReyRey. It depends on the designer/builder. Right now I don't want to go too much but I might have to. I've seen sub trunks from $300.00 on up but yours would have cost more with the extra features you got with it. Also, what color is the outside called on it. I'll PM you ReyRey.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for a Good Set of Plans for the Sub. Trunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL