The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Source for State Flag Silks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
I'm looking for a source for state flag silks, perhaps 12" x 18". And I'm specifically looking for a TEXAS flag silk. Anyone know where I can find such a silk?

TED
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
One of the problems with any state flag or even country flags is the supply and demand. In general, you will only find acetate, cotton, or ripstop nylon in most of these flags. The 12 x 18 is a parade flag or a centerpiece flag.
Silk is another story, even U.S. flags in silk are a very rare commodity outside of magic, and most other countries do not have theirs in silk.
The other dilemma is one to think about: when I was looking for cotton or acetate flags, I refused to buy a U.S. Flag from anyone but a U.S. manufacturer, silk would never be made in the U.S. neither would Texas.
You can, at great expense, have some of the silk people like P&A who actually do the dyeing themselves, possible do a custom piece for you. Your best bet is to take the advice of Bob Sanders and use sharpies and make your own out of a blank silk.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Thanks for the info, Magic Ian...

If you've had any previous experience with them, what kind of material is the best to use of silk is not available? - nylon, rayon, etc... ? I think cotton would be too thick & bulky for what I need.

TED
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
That depends on what your effect would be. I bought my flags (for an economy version of mismade flags) from Collegeville Flag out of Pennsylvania. who incidentally should have Texas flags. They have a very nice nylon flag I was buying from them. It flutters nicely, not stiff at all, and is washable.
Collegeville Flag & Banner Co
24 W 4TH Ave
Collegeville, PA 19426
(610) 489-4131
My Flagtastick could be used for a nice transition, three silks instantly would turn into a flag on a flagpole.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Ted,

The first Santa Claus I remember was when I lived in Dallas. He had pointed toe boots. The next year I noticed that he must have gotten a new pair with round toes!

Make sure these folks know that you don't mess with Texas!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
You know that Texas flags must, by definition, be LARGER than the other states' flags...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Bob Sanders and ClintonMagus:

I'm a Georgia boy! Been in Texas since late 2000... and still learning about this foreign country! Ha!

TED
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Ted,

Should we send you some grits and boiled peanuts?

The peaches are just blooming right now.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
OH MY!!! Did someone say boiled peanuts?

I love those things, and I haven't found any around here... I'm having withdrawal symptoms...

Grits, peaches... all good & yummy! But one more thing I really miss a lot is real "country ham" - the salt-cured kind. All the butchers in grocery stores in this area look at me like I'm nuts when I ask about country ham... and then I have to explain with it is.

Of course, this doesn't have a thing to do with magic... but I enjoyed the messages. Thanks, Bob!

TED
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Source for State Flag Silks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL