The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tommy Wonder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
233 Posts

Profile of james prince
Not sure if this is the right forum but want, if it exists to track down footage of Tommy performing his egg/lemon/orange birdcage etc routine

Is it on youtube? I've looked but not found it so far
mleskanic
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of mleskanic
Yes here it is.

He starts out with the cups and balls stuff but goes into the egg, lemon, orange...

It is a great routine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFqLvPaQOsQ

Matt
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
233 Posts

Profile of james prince
Brilliant!

Thanks Matt
MrMandrake
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MrMandrake
Tommy Wonder - didn't receive the credit he deserved while he was alive.

have you ever seen his vanishing bird cage - you can't tell where it goes - even if you know.

That Orange Lemon Egg routine was pure art!
Ted Squires
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Ted Squires
Quote:
On 2009-06-30 19:19, MrMandrake wrote:
Tommy Wonder - didn't receive the credit he deserved while he was alive.

He didn't? You've been hanging out with the wrong crowd then. You can go through past posts here on The Café, The Genii Forum and other magic forums and see all the praise & credit Tommy received. His DVDs are one of the all-time best sellers!
ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
Tommy Wonder was a great magician and seemed to have a great time performing. His cups and balls as well as his Orange, lemon, egg, parakeet routine were inspirational.
sterlingsteal
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of sterlingsteal
I have lecture notes from Tommy Wonder, they have a brief explination about using Chrome mylar balls, that are cut into sections were thay can be stolen like a dove harnes and they pop open ?? any one have any input to this effect ??
sterlingstealmagic@hotmail.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I saw Tommy do this effect as a part of his billiard ball color change sequence around 1979-1980 at the Magic Castle. He was working under his real name of Jos Bema at the time. My recollection is that the jumbo ball production looked a little funky and not as instantaneous as one would like. Still, the idea is very clever and merits some attention.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As explained in the Wonder books, it was a large Mylar Xmas ornament that he found in the stores at the time. I have never seen anything like this in America.

Doubt if it is around any more.
magicmatt
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of magicmatt
Tommy's magic to me has always been pure magic. He has always taken great detail in his magic and was always perfecting it. His magic is truley inspirational.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I am working on his coins across with the boston box at the moment.
Tommys copper coin had an owl on it ,so I am using a Australian penny with a kangaroo instead.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I met with him in spain , we performed on the same stage , we became friends the most amazing thing about him was his unusual fingers he had termendas control on his fingers and they look creepy and fit into his persona ...
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Here is the routine Jonathan mentioned in his post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK3JIGZctNM
I wish more of that routine was explained in his book. For me it is still one of most magical BB routines.When Tommy worked on Ball der Magier in Vienna in 1995 he used pendulum holdout to vanish lemon and it was amazing. I was with Peter Lodynski, Norm Nielsen, Voronin and Soni on rehearsal and he blew our mind with it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tommy Wonder was most likely the last of the mechanical engineered magic shows in current history. I don't know of a better creative genius of magic stage props. He followed the old saying leave them wanting more in every trick he performed in his last stage act. Not to much, and not to little.

He also followed the rule of never using the same method twice. Always a step ahead in his creations while he took you on a magical journey.

His billiard balls were oval shape and probably difficult to control, but he created magic effects with them no one else has every witnessed.

Every action had a purpose and was worked out to perfection for that purpose.

He is and will be missed by many.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Tommy Wonder... on my top 5 of all time. Pure genius.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Quote:
On 2012-06-02 23:29, Peter Pitchford wrote:
Tommy Wonder... on my top 5 of all time. Pure genius.

Yup!
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
I first saw Tommy Wonder, before I knew who he was at the 80's new York Magic Symposium and he absolutely fried everybody on the boat that was taking the NY tour. I even had a front row seat and it made no difference, he killed me.....Perfection personified..
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2009-03-24 07:39, james prince wrote:
Not sure if this is the right forum but want, if it exists to track down footage of Tommy performing his egg/lemon/orange birdcage etc routine

Is it on youtube? I've looked but not found it so far

James, if you do not have his DVDs yet, I advise you to get them. I promise you will love each one.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
If anyone has influenced my magic, it must be tommy wonder. I am doing effects now that I considered myself never doing, before I saw tommy wonder.

I'm currently working on the zombie ball, with al schneider on zombie and tommy's books as a reference. He made it look so easy and so elegant.

The same with his tamed cards. I don't like much card effects, but this one I have watched over a dozen times.

I really love the guy. I would have paid good money to see Tommy, even more to have a chance to talk to him. His cups and balls haven't been surpassed by no one.

In my whole carreer as a magician, if I am only half the magician Tommy was, then I will still be a very good magician.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I was one of the lucky ones to have met him , lunch with him and act on the same stage with tommy ..a story to share , when he first came to examine the theater in Valencia , I welcomed him and he was skinny and relatively a small man , shorter then I , when he came across minutes before the act he was like 25 cm taller as I watched in amazement he smiled and told me Elias my boots have heels , they make me taller , and its gives me more power on stage because tall men have more power ... and presence .!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tommy Wonder (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL