The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Self promotion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6431 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I'm new here and already I'm promoting myself. I'm a filmmaker so I'm trying to push my film DEN which I shot digitally last year.

I was just told by CNN that they would be running a piece they did about independent producers this Saturday and Sunday. I was interviewed about a week ago, but they still could not tell me if the piece would run. It is a three minute piece and I am only a part of it so don't write me to complain that I only appear in it for five seconds... I don't know how much they will use of me.

I was interviewed for over an hour, but I know they were going to talk to some people that were higher up in the Hollywood ladder. Supposedly, it will play on a segment called Next on CNN on Saturday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. -- those are Pacific Coast times so check your TV guides for your listings.

I did do the flaming wallet for them, but I'm not sure if they'll use it. I showed them that I bring props like that when I go to festivals so I can attract attention to my product. I usually open up the wallet, it bursts into flames, and I scream out, "Hot property over here!" Close the wallet and open it up to show it filled with money then I say, "It'll make big profits." I know the camera loves anything on fire so let's see if they at least play that bit.
Greg Arce
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Rodan
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
65 Posts

Profile of Rodan
I don't have cable anymore, did they play it Greg?
"To assert the impossibility of a fact comes to the same thing as saying that it has not as yet been observed; nothing authorises us to decide that it will never be observed." Joseph Maxwell 1858-1938
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6431 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Yes they did. It was better than I expected. It was a three minute segment and a minute of if was about me. I was right in that the used the flaming wallet bit twice... once in the opening credits and the second time was at the end of the segment. Now it's a waiting game to see if it affects me at all, but, at least, I'll be able to say, "As seen on CNN."
I'll keep you posted if anything comes of it.
Thanks for asking.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4450 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Excellent! Good job!

I remember a time when I was playing the "Prodigal Sorcerer" character from the Magic: the Gathering collectible card game for Wizards of the Coast at conventions.

I was down at E3 in Vegas helping to promote the computer game version and we had a German film crew shooting footage. Using a finger flasher, I shot a fireball into the air. They wanted me to do it again but this time, aiming at the camera.

It worked perfectly! I got the shot right into the center of the lens.

Unfortunately, I never did get a copy of the footage though. Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Self promotion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL