The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Weird contests? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
437 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
I may've read something here on the Café about this before (but couldn't manage to find it today).....can't remember for certain, quite frankly:

I've had this idea for my Ring (Ring 266 in Tyler, Texas) to have a bit of an extemporaneous magic contest.......sort of like an impromptu contest......
"A set of standard cups and balls and a plain deck of cards will be provided for you......you can then choose from 1 of the following items (blah-blah-blah)....you'll have 10 minutes to warm up alone and you then you'll have to do a 10 minute performance......no extra 'in your pocket' items will be allowed."

I think something like this would be fun. Anyone here have any experience doing this kind of thing?

Paul B.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Hi PaulIf it were me I would try a McGiever magic night you get a brown bag containing random Items you then have 15 minutes to plan and present a five minute routine.
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
Quote:
On 2009-03-25 21:19, Michael Taggert wrote:
Hi PaulIf it were me I would try a McGiever magic night you get a brown bag containing random Items you then have 15 minutes to plan and present a five minute routine.

We at Ring 200 have done this a few times in the past and it made for some very interesting nights. It really gets your mind going, especially when the bag contains NO MAGICAL ITEMS! Now everyone here should know that there is no such thing as a none magical item, so let's just call them items not normally associated with magic. The more off the wall, the better.

For the most entertaining, origional and well thought out routines get awarded our "Golden TT" award. When there are no "Outstanding" routimes presented, no awards are given. So far, only one has been awarded, and that was for an exceptional "Flea Circus" routine done by "Unbie" the clown. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

You know, our schedule is set for this year, but I think we are due to do this one again....Thanks Mike for the reminder.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I wouldn't go for a 10 minute routine. I'd go for something shorter.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Weird contests? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL