The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2009 entrée: Jack Carpenter » » Pocket interchange versus multiplex reset? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hi Jack,

One of the first effects of yours I worked on was Multiplex Reset from Modus Operandi. I always believe in learning the easy stuff first in a new book. Smile

Later on you published Pocket Interchange which I believe to be a far stronger and more commercial approach.

Any thoughts and observations on these two items sir?

Kind regards,

John Carey
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
You nailed it. Much more practical as well. Pocket Interchange is simpler, but packs just as much punch without as much handling.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Is Pocket Interchange in Expert Portfolio?

RevJohn
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Hey RevJohn,

No, it is in Steven Hobbs' Labyrinth, (one of the first issues- don't remember off hand- sorry! And I believe on the A-1 Magic Media tapes. (Card Magic of Jack Carpenter).

Jack
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
It is on the A-1 Videos (at least the old VHS copies I have...)
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Thanks Bill! I should know this. (At work now, will be leaving and will turn on the tube tonight for more discussion.)
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I will look into the Videos, which I have. Went to grab the Labyrinth, and realized that it was Steve Mayhew that I had the issues for of the Labyrinth.

RevJohn
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Maybe you can get someone to loan you a set- don't know where you can get any. Mr. Hobbs will one day re-publish I think, with a huge update including a ton of his own stuff. (Don't tell him I told you this.)

-Jack
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
It would be worth it to me to track down someone who is selling a copy of these, so I can have them for my own collection.

Speaking of printed material. What stuff of yours has found the printed page?

Thanks!

RevJohn
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Me?

Well, just a bunch of card tricks!
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
LOL...

Was thinking more along the lines of ... I know MO, and Expert Portfolio.

But Lecture Notes, and the likes? Other works?

RevJohn
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Oh!

Well pretty much everything is covered in the "Who is Jack Carpenter?" thread. That's a pretty good list.

Pretty much everything can still be found somewhere, with the possible exception of the "Pasteboard Palette" Manuscript, and the "Ultimate False Dealing Demo."

I sold my last batch to H&R Magic, and I think they're out now.

I should sell the PDF to someone who is willing to print 'em up and sell them, and keep the change as copies are desired.

H&R, do you guys want them?? (Will trade for books, DVD's, cash, carbon credits, etc.)

I'm not much into the "marketing" end for the self published stuff- it's very time consuming- and a lot of work. It should be left to the professionals. When you do that you generally end up with a quality product, reasonable renumeration, an ISBN number, and some self respect with plenty of time to practice Buck Twin Card spins until your blind and drooling.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
There's a WONDERFUL non-card Carpenter item in Issue 15 of Channel One.

Wimhurst, do you think that will distract them?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On 2009-03-25 18:01, Jack Carpenter wrote:
Hey RevJohn,

No, it is in Steven Hobbs' Labyrinth, (one of the first issues- don't remember off hand- sorry! And I believe on the A-1 Magic Media tapes. (Card Magic of Jack Carpenter).

Jack

It's in number three Smile

On your new DVD Jack you have a revised reset, do you consider this your definitive version? And could you tell us a little more about it? (I've not seen this new dvd so I'm presuming this is your routine!)

Best,
R
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
It is Stephen Hobbs routine.

John
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Yes, Stephen Hobbs demonstrates his excellent approach to the opening for reset- it's really, really convincing. (The laying down of the kings and aces.) You won't be disappointed with the technique.

Regard the very idea of "definitive version" I've learned to NEVER, EVER say that again. As soon as you think you've seen the absolutely best method or technique for something, get ready to be surprised. (Innovation will NEVER end, Thank God!)
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I think that Pocket Interchange is probably one of my favorite routines...it's also one that not many magicians around me do AT ALL. I have no idea why not!
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Thanks much Mr. "Twistedace".

The axiom "The best way to keep a secret is to put it in print" is at work here perhaps!

-Jack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2009 entrée: Jack Carpenter » » Pocket interchange versus multiplex reset? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL