The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Buying Oreoes illegal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
That's right. A lawyer in California has filed a lawsuit against Kraft foods saying that Oreoes are unhealthy. If he wins this lawsuit, Oreos will be outlawed in California. The senior vice president of the company says that they are researching alternatives to the transfat that is located in the cookie (this is the basis of the lawsuit) and that they will fight it vigorously. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Haha, when I first read this somewhere on-line, I had just sat down at my computer with a fresh bag of Oreos. I think I've found my calling - Oreo dealer.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Hey--What's worse is DEEP FRIED OREOS served at the NY state Fair!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com Smile
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
How about one of the new delicacies in Scotland, deep fried Mars bars! Yep, you heard right, no kidding. There's a heart attack waiting to happen...

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
They can have my Oreo when they pry it from my cold, arterial blocked dead hand.

When Oreo's are outlawed only outlaws will have Oreo's
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Today, California Law Enforcement Agencies announced the arrest of famed children's actor Co-RE-okie Monster. CM was charged with dealing in banned sweets. CM's Lawyer declined from comment other than to state that the confections were not for resale but were merely staples in the defendant's diet. Evidence in the case is quite sketchy as the defendant reportedly devoured all 16 oz of the banned items prior to being apprehended. Smile

Estimated street value of the missing evidence is reportedly between 2 and and 2.5 dollars depending upon coupon saturation and local demand. Smile
Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
O man this is makeing me sick. Ban orios?

I can understand putting a warning on the label but ban oreos?

When I read about this yesterday I thought it was a joke.
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
The question is how is Steve going to survive without his Oreos? We may have to look for another Manager for the site really soon! Smile
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Pfff.....

People are so sue happy these days and they get jealous when they see other people becoming successful. Why, don't they go after the smoking companies more?

Lee Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
FYI, Kraft and Philip Morris are owned by the same company. So if Kraft takes a hit, you can guarantee that cigarettes will raise a little bit more.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I'm actually happy that they are doign something about the transfatty acids in the horrible food we eat. I just wish that they would leave it out of everything. Next time you all read a label on a product look for High Fructose Corn Syrup or Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Canola Oil, Vegetable Oil, etc., you'll know that that stuff is poison. It have no immediate effect, but believe it or not, it is slowly shaving off time from your life.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Well like I said, they are trying to find an alternative. Smile
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Good thing I stocked up on those Oreoes and Krispie Creams.

On a serious note -- I wonder how much money...err, I mean time it would take for a study to come out and say that the transfatty acids are actually good for you.

Smile Smile Smile
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Isn't Oreo part of Nabisco?

If so then wouldn't that mean the lawsuit against Kraft won't accomplish a thing?

Chris
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I can understand warnings & what-not...but banning them is completely ridiculous!
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
They all have the same parent company. So it's really not Kraft that's getting sued, it is the parent company. This will effect the price of cigarettes, snack food, and any other products they manufacture. Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
The lawsuit to ban Oreos (now withdrawn) is simply a logical extension of the growth of interference in private lives.
The most recent example is the ever-growing no-smoking legislation (now covering all public places in New York State).
"It's for your own good," say the "thought police".
What next?
Well, Oreos -- for "our own good".
Then burgers, sausages, marbled beef, etc. All "for our own good".
Just as there are seatbelt laws, gun-control laws, etc. "for our own good".
Maybe the NRA has a point after all!
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Peter, you beat me to it, I was just going to say go ahead and laugh..... but remember where the non-smoking laws started... here in our lovely state of California. Smile

Oh and Andrew, fyi.... canola oil is one of the only oils that is ok for you. The other being olive.

And Steve doesn't eat Oreos... Smile
He's a Smile man. Smile

Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Mya, Sure it is good for you, but you have to realize it is not canola oil that they put in the food. It is partially hydrogenated soy bean oil, which is a transfatty acid. It is also a few steps down from plastic.

Andrew Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Quote:
On 2003-05-16 19:46, Andrew E. Miller wrote:
I'm actually happy that they are doign something about the transfatty acids in the horrible food we eat. I just wish that they would leave it out of everything.

Andrew The problem isn't the transfatty foods its the people who eat them. Oreos shouldn't be banned because there unhealthy, but people should learn that there unhealthy and make there own decision. One thing i've noticed about liberals is they never realy understand this. If you think oreos are poison don't eat them.

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Buying Oreoes illegal? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL