The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Stigmata anyone??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Any stigmata tricks??..read about that powdered blood, that bleeds when you sweat. Are there any tricks with "Stigmata" as the base of the routine?

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com Smile
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Luke Jermay has a 'Stigmata' effect in his book 'The Big Three'. I haven't got it just yet but, I hope someone can comment on it.

Lee
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I think I read something in Invocation book...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
I remember seeing a stigmata effect in Penn & Teller's How to Play with Your Food. I believe it was a way to serve marinara sauce over pasta!
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
Not stigmata, but wrist cutting. At least that's what Penn described during a radio interview in Boston several years ago. Smile
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
213 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
I consulted on a production of Agnes of God, which has an onstage stigmata that had to be sly enough to surprise the audience.

Luckily the actress was wearing a novice nun's gown, so she didn't have to end completely "clean." No one was going to examine her afterwards.

But the "routine" occurs during a religious exstacy of Agnes' as she recounts how an angel impregnated her. Smile

Here is the best recipe for blood I've ever found. It has the added benefit of coagulating after being exposed to the air for awhile. And it "froths" like real blood does. And the dishwashing liquid makes this water soluable and washable. This is from memory, so forgive me if I leave something out.

1 bottle pink dishwashing liquid
1 can chocolate syrup (for rich color)
1 bottle red food coloring (or 2 small bottles, depending)
1 cup glycerin (found in drug stores)
1 tube KY jelly (who knew it had other uses?)

I suggest you play with the ingredients until it's the color and consistancy you like. You can keep it sealed in the fridge until used. It keeps quite awhile if not exposed to air.

For the show I rigged an IV tube up the actress' arm with a "lock" that allowed the actress to start the flow just by touching her left arm. Then she clasped her hands together to spread the blood around.

Not a routine per se, but I hope it gets folks minds churning...

S.
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
My stigmata effect was removed from my book and replaced with another effect as I heard one or two very bad things about the chemicals used. Anyone who buys the book and wishes the effect will be emailed it.....but with warning, I can certainly say that i dropped it straight away after hearing these horror stories...

L.
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
How about the old ash onto palm trick but with Stage blood.
Did'nt Masklyn ye Mage do that in one of his books?????????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Stigmata anyone??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL