The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » FCM Website for Performance Seekers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I'm not sure why, but I've been getting solicitation calls from people like Gigmasters, PartyPop, etc. (didn't know they did this.) After talking with them, my immediate thought was, why is the FCM website not promoted as finding performers for those (churches, private preschools and schools, home school associations) that want gospel-based or Christian performers?

Would this not be a good incentive for increasing membership, as well as an extra benefit for current members? It is certainly a niche market, and it would be great if a VBS director, for example, knew of the FCM website as a great resource.

Just a thought.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Steve -
Excellent idea! How difficult would it be to get something like this up and running?

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
You would probably need to add additional help and you would have to design a site for that. The fact that someone can go and look up our websites from the FCM site in my opinion is enough.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Yes, the fact that the websites are available is great, although it's not as effective as listing by state. My original post was more along the lines of promoting it more to the general public than to magicians, as it is now.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Going back to what I originally said, you would have to design a seperate site because the current site as is all official sites of organizations of IBM, SAM and FCM are designed for current members or potential members.

The dues they currently charge us in the FCM would not cover the costs of such a program.

This could be something you may want to consider designing and putting it on the net. You could charge a fee for a listing and would provide a small income stream for you, but you would have to stay on top of it to make sure everything is current...
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
I concur with what Terry has suggested.

The biggest expense for this would not be the creating of the website, but advertising cost of promoting that it is there. That is where most of the money goes to on thing like Clean Comedians, etc. Then they tend to book through bureau, which means people who do that...and it gets into business...and not the non-profit organization that is the FCM.

Search for professional speakers, and you will find there are lots of bureaus for them, but that is because there is a lot of money to make off guys like Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfeld (Chicken Soup for the Soul co-authors). They book out at around $20,000 a speech (last I heard)...and make that and more at their back of the room sales of their products. So a fourth of $20,000 is a worth the effort, but a fourth of what gospel performers get, well, you can see it would be a tough business to make a profit in I'm afraid. It could be a ministry for someone who felt called to do it and not worried about making a living from their efforts. But not something FCM as an organization would likely want to get involved in as a "benefit of membership."
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
I would love that. April and May are slow months for me, so any way that I can help out, let me know, I'd be more than happy.
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Actually I have received a couple of leads when people asked for Christian performers in my area. As to starting an FCM associated website, I could help. Let me know.

CLyde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » FCM Website for Performance Seekers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL