The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Looking for a MiniTech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I'm looking for a Wireless Wizardry MiniTech in good operating condition. Any of the versions are acceptable (MiniDisk, IPod, Rio, or CD), but I'll need the applicable player as well.

Please PM me if you've upgraded to a ShowTech or a Mp3Tech and have a MiniTech to sell.

Many thanks.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Still looking...
:where:
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
Have you thought of contacting Wireless Wizardry?

Colin
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Well, yes, of course I could do that, but I was hoping to save some money by purchasing a used one in good condition. But I appreciate your suggestion nonetheless. Smile
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
I believe they do not sell the Minitech or showtech any more so good chance you could get a deal.

Also they took in the Mini tech when you upgraded to the showtech.

Good luck

Colin
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Wireless Wizardry does, in fact, still manufacture and sell both the MiniTech and the ShowTech. Each uses an iPod for recording and play back.

But, as per my previous post, I'm hoping to save some money by purchasing a used MiniTech in good condition.
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
That's interesting Donal.

Any reason somebody would go for the Showtech instead of the MP3 Tech?

Colin
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Having not yet used any of the WW products, I couldn't say. But the reason I'm looking for a MiniTech is that I have only 5 sound cues in my act (which get reduced to 3 if I have the services of a live announcer), and both the ShowTech and the Mp3 Tech are just too much muscle--and hassle--for my needs.

And I'm still looking for a used MiniTech in good condition...
:realnerdy:
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
If my understanding is correct, the reason someone might go for the showtech over the mp3 tech is if they wanted to control lighting as well as music, but there's no reason to choose a showtech over an ultra tech. The ultra tech has replaced the functions of the showtech, and it's a lot cheaper. I've also heard through the grapevine that WW is coming out with a newer model ultra tech.

For what it's worth, I looked for something used for a couple of years, but I never found anything cheap enough where I couldn't say "well, for the little bit extra, it's probably worth it just to buy a new mp3 tech." I did see some VSM products, but I was always wary of them because of the comments on here.

I finally bought an mp3 tech a few months ago, and like most people that have them, I love it.
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
When I had the Mini Tech I was able to return it to WW for a full refund on my Showtech purchase.

Could this be why there are not many around?

Try asking WW if they have a used one.

Would not the Ipod with the remote be a cheaper option for you?

Not as professional as the WW but with 5 cues should work for you.

Colin
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Thanks, Colin. That's exactly what I've decided to go with for now.

And I got all of the technical information I needed to make that decision right here at the Magic Café!
MItrickster
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of MItrickster
I don't have a MiniTech to offer, but I do have a Virtual Soundman 7 and an icue2 I am looking to sell.

Both units work great for minidisc or ipod and come complete with instructions on DVD and CD. The only catch is that the remote range for the icue2 is only about 30 feet, not much farther like in the original specs.

Email me if you are interested, joel@joeltacey.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Looking for a MiniTech (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL