The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » SAM / IBM Youth Program Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maestro
View Profile
Special user
821 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Are there local meetings or rings for members of the youth program for the IBM and SAM like there are for the regular members? I went to the IBM website and could not figure this out. The SAM website appeared to have a list of youth assemblies, but unfortunatly there were none that were really close to me (The closest one is two hours away, even though there is an assembly for regular members right in my town). I did find it kind of humerous that half of the youth assemblies appeared to be located in Indianapolis though Smile .

The reason I am asking this question is:

I am seventeen years old, and I've been interested in magic ever since I was about five years old. I started seriously getting into the art of magic about two or three years ago. I don't know anybody (and I mean anybody Smile ) else that is interested in learning magic seriously, and I was hoping to join or look into joining a magic club or organization this summer. If anybody has some advice it would really help me out.

Also, I don't really know what the target ages are for the youth programs. I know they are listed from ages 7 - 18 and 12 - 18, but I would rather just wait a year to join if these programs are really ment for younger children, if you know what I mean. Smile

Thanks for your help.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Just go to the regular SAM / IBM meeting, I don't think anyone should have a problem with you going to them.

I don't think they can let you join, but I'm sure they will let you attend the meetings or at least you can meet a lot of magicians in your area and private session with them.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
I do not think that age may be a problem in any of the events. I am taking two of my students to FISM 2003 with me. One is 17 years old the other is 16. They have accepted them as they paid for it.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
If you are 17 I believe that you are not only eligible but encouraged to join the adult SAM, I am not positive though. that's what I was told when I turned 17 this past October.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » SAM / IBM Youth Program Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL