The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Salami?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
This may sound an odd one, but...,
I know a couple of top working pros here in the UK, who pull out a fake salami instead of a wand from their pocket.
When done at the right moment, this plays very well, and gets lots of laughs, etc..
I have a gig coming up for a catering firm, and thought this would be the ultimate wand substitute,
only, I cant find one?
My friends who use them have bought them before from a supplier at Blackpool (possibly living in Europe?)
Although can't remember any details?
The only ones I can find are here: www.props4shows.co.uk,
but are to long, fat and come with netting stuck to them.
Does anyone have one, or know where I can pick up a suitable wand substitute / salami??
Cheers,
matt
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Did you try to find Japanese or Chinese fake food websites?

They're kings in making fake food. Buy the way, all meals for sale in shops you can see in the display windows in their countries are generally fake.

Oliver.
Outbreak Monkey
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of Outbreak Monkey
Why not pull a real salami, you could even chew on it or give it away when you're done? - Specially if it's for one gig.

I've seen 'pepperoni sticks' that are wrapped in 'paper' and about as think as a thumb and about 30 cm (1 Ft in length)..

Monkey.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Monkey is right. If it's only one special gig, just use a real one and give it away. You'll have a better impact due to the fact that it's a real salami.
In case you want to show this effect during a long time in other shows, than maybe get a plastic one.

Those salamis aren't very expensive, so even if this gag becomes part of your everydoay show, I would use a real one.
In Germany they're selling little salamis wrapped in paper.
Producing them in the wrapped paper could be even more fun, if the audience doesn't recognize what's marked on the paper.
Just saying : "Oh I can't remember that I forgot to take of the wrapping of my magic wand when I got it delivered", ripp the wrapping off and look with a surprised look at the salami could get a special surprise effect.

Oliver.
Outbreak Monkey
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of Outbreak Monkey
Matt,

Have you done your gig yet? Would love to know whether you pulled a real Salami or not! Smile

Cheers,
Monkey.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Salami?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL