The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent on the "Sympathetic Silks" (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Great info Bill...once again!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1725 Posts

Profile of wally
Just bought the paul potassy dvds, start looking for the silks now, and look forward to see Levents SS, I cant watch the clip here in uk, youtube will not allow for some reason.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22006 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2014, wally wrote:
Just bought the paul potassy dvds, start looking for the silks now, and look forward to see Levents SS, I cant watch the clip here in uk, youtube will not allow for some reason.

Wally, have to tried to download it, with RealPlayer? Go to www.real.com and download the free Real Player. Then you can download the file on YouTube to your computer and save. Real Player on your computer can then play it ,or Real Player can convert it to Windows Media Center, then you can play it.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1431 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I will be selling two sets of LIGHTLY used 24" 8 momme (fairly heavy) Pure silk scarves, suitable for the Sympathetic Silks.

I made them myself. One set is 6 scarves each 24" in Turquoise (blue-green). the other set is in a Purple.

I used them for one week each at the Magic Castle, so they are still in EXCELLENT condition.

I don't include instructions for doing the Symp. silks routine, but it is readily available.

Either set will $50.00 and shipping is included in the USA.

PM me if interested!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
For a long time I've been planning or shoot another in my series of instructional videos. The next one will be "The Ultimate Guide to the Sympathetic Silks." Hopefully it will be shot by the end of January 2015
Magicol-1
View Profile
New user
Orlando
83 Posts

Profile of Magicol-1
I will be one of the first in line.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22006 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Short, no way, there is all the one from Rice in their little booklet, then Keith Clarks fabulous routine. Don't forget Charlie Miller with his version with 4 hankies. I know I am mostly forgetting some, but I am sure you will research it like you did in your previous works in depth works.

JNeal, makes some great heavy weight silks that would go perfect with the DVD. His work is as good as Rice workmanship, 1/16 inch French hem and all.

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I made some up for a gentleman in Mexico if I remember correctly, using a 10mm silk. It is important that the seams are not only small but they are properly made. They must be double turned and hemmed to hold up to all the tying and such.
Levent, so glad you are going to do the work on the Sympathic Silks. You showed me your knot handling because only Charles Reynolds knew and to put it your words "if I get hit by a plane, it will be lost. Someone else should know it" Well, you showed me and I told you that I would not remember it all. I was true to my word so it is good to have it recorded.
I will look through my files and see what I have I can forward onto you that might add to your research.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Richard: My research PDF on the trick runs about 250 pages. I think I have all the major literary sources. That said, I certainly could have missed something. So if you see something, send me an email to Hypnohare@aol.com and I let you know if I already have it! Thanks in advance. When I begin shooting the video I'm thinking of live blogging it here on the Café, like I did with the previous videos. Anyone interested in seeing that?
Magicol-1
View Profile
New user
Orlando
83 Posts

Profile of Magicol-1
Absolutely, I found it fascinating.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I am delighted to hear that my friend Levent will be doing his DVD and sharing his exhaustive research with the magic community.

Because I posted earlier about having some silks for sale, I want to clarify that my silk making and other manufacturing pursuits is something I do as a sideline to my performing career. Yes, occasionally I have extras to sell of things that I made for myself....

But in no way is it intended to compete with the FULL TIME PRO makers such as Richard Hughes (and others) who specialize in creating silk items. They do GREAT work!!

Happy New Year to all!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of JNeal
BTW-
I did end up selling all those sets of silks...thanks everybody!

J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1725 Posts

Profile of wally
Put me on the list Levent, please inform me when DVDs is ready, cheers,
Tom the Enchanter
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
34 Posts

Profile of Tom the Enchanter
I am sooo excited to hear Levent is doing a DVD on Sympathetic Silks! Levent is by far my favorite stage performer, and his take on this trick is amazing. Plus he is a top notch teacher.
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
180 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
I know your schedule delayed the production, Levent, but any news on moving forward?

Cheers!
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22006 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Levent was on Penn & Teller Fooled tonight on television the CW network. He presented his Sympathetic Silks routine. It was the best presentation I have ever seen him do on stage. The others I have seen was on YouTube.

Surprisingly, he was not all hyper as in the other presentations. He was very good and did not rush through it. I really liked his act. Of course he did not win the Vegas appearance with Penn & Teller, as they did know this old classic.

On the introduction, they said he is working for David Copperfield and performing. Who knew!

Great job Levent. Perfect presentation, bar none.

Rice
View Profile
Regular user
Ruth Rice Crone
101 Posts

Profile of Rice
Hi Bill!

Thanks for this information! Great presentation of a wonderful, classic
silk effect.

It was just posted on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkASzH3sZpM
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22006 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thanks Ruth.

Penn & Teller Fool Us

conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
180 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
In Other News, Levent has posted a link on his website for you to get info when he pre-releases his DVD set on the Sympathetic Silks: http://www.leventmagic.com

Huzzah! Smile
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22006 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Don't know what happened to the last YouTube link, but here is again.

Levent's Sympathetic Silks Routine on Penn and Teller Fool Us television show.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent on the "Sympathetic Silks" (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL