The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent on the "Sympathetic Silks" (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I think Levent decided NOT to put in the nearly exhaustive effort of explaining all the various methods and techniques in a comprehensive DVD set.

Rather, he opted for just explaining the method and routine that he has been doing successfully for a few years.

Now that Levent has 'published' his method as a DVD or download... (and hopefully derived a well deserved profit from it),

I feel free to share some of my thoughts on the effect with readers of Genii in next month's (January) issue.

It will include what I think are some clarifying ideas as to the plot and a better resolution at the end. This is material that until now, was part of my lecture notes.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Got my Levent's Ultimate Guide to the Sympathetic Silks today.

Received the DVD along with a very useful plastic prop and other little prop parts.

Have not watched the entire video yet but so far I am so happy.

Happy it doesn't start with a street or alley scene. Doesn't have the kaleidoscope of various spectators' reactions.

It is just Levent going over the history of the Sympathetic Silks and what others have contributed to get to this stage we are at.

He demonstrates other's workings. The video is done very well with excellent close ups so you know exactly what his moves are.

I appreciate he has done all the research on the Sympathetic Silks and presents it to me in such a clear and understandable DVD.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Sounds great!!!

Levent doesn't do anything... if he hasn't done thorough research for it. His efforts are always a welcome contribution to the craft
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Correction to JNeal and Harry Murphy.

As a Christmas present to myself I found the Paul Potassy DVD set at a very good price on sale at Magic Warehouse.

On the DVD Paul Potassy said, the "scarves are heavy weight silk", that he found in Paris, France.

Paul Potassy, act is very entertaining, and he gets lots of laughs throughout the act. So happy I got a chance to see his magic and method for presenting it.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Heavy weight silk is ideal for the Symp Silks.

They are not too difficult to find but in pure silk, but pre-made, they can be a bit pricey. Also, fashion scarves made for wearing, usually have a hand rolled edge... not so good for silk knots.

If you have access to a silk merchant or fabric store , ask for pure Habotai silk in a 10 or 12 momme.

Then have someone with sewing skills put a flat seam edge around them. They will be much less expensive, and equally good and long lasting.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Hi Jonathan,

I'm excited to see that you have released your thoughts on The Sympathetic Silks, I'm sure it will be a worthy read.

I'll try and track down a copy of Genii when (if) I manage to get back to the UK, as our April flights are already cancelled. We are currently in 'lockdown' here in Corfu, as are many other people around the globe, but at least it has encouraged me to get all the house painting done!

The silks that I purchased from you, quite a few years ago, are still going strong and getting regular use btw.

Best wishes Jonathan and all fellow magicians at this difficult time.

Alan
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Glad to hear you are managing with the 'world situation'. Also pleased to hear that the silks are holding up.
I sent you a PM
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent on the "Sympathetic Silks" (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL