The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2009 entrée: Jack Carpenter » » New Theory Ace Assembly » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
Hey guys, here's a FREE TRICK!!! Just Click HERE! and play. If it doesn't kick in when you click it on, try pasting the following in your URL:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/jo......mbly.flv

This is a little fun routine I've been doing for lay people and it's quite a kick. Most of you will be able to reconstruct this with no problem, just do what you think I'm doing. For those of you that can't, it will be published soon.

Have fun,

-Jack

No new technique
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Ok .....THAT - WAS - SIIICCCKKK...
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Happy you like it Nash! (Not as flashy as you would do it I suspect though!)

-Jack
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Won't work for me Jack. Hope you have fun with that stuff I sent you.

Best

John
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Won't work for me either.
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
If you can play FLV files at home, try this to just download the file:
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/jo......mbly.flv

Best,
Derrick
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Thanks Derrick. Very nice assembly Jack. No messin around.

John
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Looks like some people have trouble playing it. (its a link to photo bucket- hey, it's free!)

Mr. Brooks has the link and he will try to post it correctly- maybe that will help? Don't know, because some can play it as it is. Very strange.

Derrick, thanks for creating the FLV file, now I have trouble playing those, even though I have current media player, but it worked for John! Very frustrating. The html file endings I can play also just fine. Can't do rm now, used to be able to.

These Komputators are so konfusin' sumtimes. . .
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
Very nice! Thanks, Jack.
Eschew obfuscation
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Wow, that is a very nice version, Real Gone aces taken into a different direction! I love the ending.

While familiar with your name and books, I'm yet to get the chance to look into any of your material Jack. This sure is one hell of an introduction.

Honestly man, the ending is just ...

~ Feras
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
Thoroughly enjoyed that Jack~

Normally I am not a huge fan of "Assembly" routines however, that was something quite special..

Huge Thanks

Scar
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Hello mr. carpenter!!
...were can we learn this routine?
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Jack, that made my head spin!
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Feras, Scar, Weapon, and Brian,

Thanks guys! Glad you liked it! Well I plan on putting this routine in a planned book that Mr. Stephen Minch and I will begin in the fall.

I think I've hit a new approach here, as well as a new plot twist. I had the idea of using the SAME THREE cards to effect all the vanishes as well as the assembly, and the result was a neat minimalist routine, with a real spooky ending. (When those black cards just "go away" it leaves the audience with their brain kinda twisted about itself for a few moments.

The method I've shown you is a very practical, "low tech" approach, which will be more accessible to more card workers, but the plot lends itself to a lot of tinkering by advanced card men, and that is another reason I like it. It's a great toy. In fact, Mr. Derrick Chung sent me a handling he created almost immediately upon viewing- hopefully he will allow me to include it in my new book- it's sweet.

I don't mind seeing good variations (like Mr. Chung's)- just don't send me monstrosities with tenkai palms, or double facers, or lapping, etc.- keep those to yourself. To me, a criteria of "goodness" for a routine is practicality, and useability- don't like crap where you have to line up your audience single file- in order for me to even look at it, it's got to be able to be done surrounded by a bunch of drunks in the bar.

-Jack
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
That was one of the most magical things I've ever seen.
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Mike, you're too kind! Thanks so much.

-Jack
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Niiiice one! Thank you Mr. Carpenter.

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Your welcome Luke.

Tomorrow I am going to post another routine that you might like. One from my Palette notes, but it has had little circulation, so it should be new to most of you.

-Jack
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
VERY nice, Jack! Clever thinking, indeed. I believe the minimalist approach adds a great deal to the plot--not only makes it easier to follow and comprehend, but makes it more magical at the same time. VERY, VERY nice!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Any chance of this being on the next session dvd? It was great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2009 entrée: Jack Carpenter » » New Theory Ace Assembly » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL