The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GRAPHIC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers

See the video Here

Release details and info on how to get some free stuff Here
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
This is an AWESOME effect. The secret is hidden in plain sight and is SO deceptive. There's next to no memory work involved at all.

I love it!!

D.
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1705 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Graphic by Mathew Mellow

Effect: memorise half the deck in seconds and call out each card one by one without seeing any of the cards!

I was very lucky to receive a Pre-release copy of this awesome effect. There have been many versions of this throughout the years. Some that involved specially printed things or peek devices. However, Mathew Mellow has taken it one step further and made sure you don’t need any peek devices or specially printed things. All you need is a deck of cards and your ready to go. This is a very cleverly thought out effect. In the download, there is a live performance of the effect so you can see in the real world the reactions you’ll receive. It will take you a small amount of time to get this right BUT it wont take to long and nothing to strenuous is needed. Once you know it, you’ll always know it. Mathew also takes us through the fine points of performance and teaches us everything we need to know about performance. This is a VERY cool take on the classic effect and Mathew has taken it that one step further to ensure we never leave home without a strong piece of magic. The Download is brilliantly filmed and explained and worth every penny that you’ll pay for it. The possibilities with this are also not just limited to remembering a deck. You can very easily remember the deck beforehand, have them remove and hide a card and then instantly tell them which card they have taken. OR even remember the deck, have them move one card in the deck to a different position and instantly be able to tell which one they have moved due to the fact you have remembered the order. Although he does not teach you these, there food for thought and very easy to work out how these would be done! If you want hard hitting mentalism at a moment’s notice, then Mathew mellow has made yours, mine and your spectators dream come true. You’ll remember this forever!

It’s available from http://www.thementalplayground.com for instant download.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8398 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s available from http://www.thementalplayground.com for instant download.

Not yet it is'nt.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1705 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Today I believe is the release date!

Jamie daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Graphic is now available.

See the full trailer Here

More Details

"Graphic is a realistic memory plot that plays as real ability, the devious nature of the effect is hidden in plain site, I love this."
-Andrew Gerard

"A phenomenal idea - What I've come to expect from Matt's work. This is unique, practical and with the method hidden in plain sight, it's the perfect deception"
--Dee Christopher
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
First off, I'd like to thank those who have enjoyed this effect. It's a great way to accomplish a classic effect.

A couple things you should know about this effect. It doesn't used marked cards, it isn't a memorized stack, and there's no need to make up a crib sheet. There is basically NO WAY to be caught with this method and no way for the spectator to figure out how you did it. Once you know it you can do it with any deck of cards. Just some simple practice and you'll be on you way to performing a very realistic and thought out memory routine.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Matt Mello
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Can anyone get the demo to work? I can't
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I tried everything and can't get to work either

Don
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2009-03-29 13:47, magicman1 wrote:
I tried everything and can't get to work either

Don

The trailer seems to be working fine on my end. If it is saying the video is private, please refresh your browser and/or cache.

You can also view it here: http://www.vimeo.com/3906553
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Looks real nice
Like to hear a few reviews before I take the plunge

Don
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2009-03-29 15:04, magicman1 wrote:
Looks real nice
Like to hear a few reviews before I take the plunge

Don

Great, you must have gotten it working.

A review can be seen here:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=17329

Even Jon Raiker, Theory 11 staff, had some nice things to say about it.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1705 Posts

Profile of JamieD
After performing this for freinds, family and workmates, I have to say it's brilliant. I've even put together a three phased routine based around the original effect. I think it's got to be one of the easiest to perform and a very clever solution to the classic on the spot memorised deck. I love that there's no peeks or anything like that to. Just love it and recomend it to all!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Zachary
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Zachary
Hey Magic Mongers,

I tore into my copy of 'Graphic' today, and here is my humble and honest opinion of the effect and method taught. First of all, when performing a memory based effect like this, you usually face one of two drawbacks. You either have to memorize any one of many card sequences (si stebbins, mnemonica, etc.), or you have to conceal a crib or other 'cheat sheet' somewhere that can be easily referenced by the performer throughout the routine. With the first, you have the advantage of being 'clean' while running the risk of forgetting the sequence. The latter offers you a foolproof method of recalling the cards and their order, but carries the risk of being caught checking your crib or it being seen by an audience member. 'Graphic' eliminates the two drawbacks states above while preserving the advantages of both methods. This leaves you with a frighteningly clean, foolproof method of performing this truly impressive demonstration of a sevánt like ability. The teaching part of the video uses a refreshingly unique method to walk you through the modus operandi that is crystal clear and makes learning this very easy. Well within the reach of any aspiring cardist/mentalist. After watching the video one time I found it hard to forget what was taught because of the nature of the secret. The live performances give you the timing of the moves along with the genuinely amazed reactions of the spectators. At least one of them was literally left 'scratching his head' with no where to run. There is nothing strange about the handling and the routine flows smoothly. There are definitely more than a few different avenues that the secret could lead you down to achieve different effects. I would highly recommend this to anyone seeking an anytime, any deck miracle with a box of bikes. Matt Mello has topped himself yet again. If you have any questions about the effect, I will do my best to answer them, just shoot me a PM. Later guys

~Zach Heath
Twitter:@Zachary_Heath
Instagram: @zachheathmagic
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2251 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey Guys,

just purchased this and saw it.

Very very very nice effect and very good.

thanks Matt for releasing this.

More later after I perform it.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Mate, Ive pmed you a quote. This is is simply superb!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8398 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It reminds me of the Oz Pearlman routine (the name escapes me, even though I purchased the download) where he gives half a deck for the specs to shuffle and when they turn each card over it matches the same order as the other half that Oz has. Possibly the same move involved?
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Quote:
On 2009-03-30 12:48, pegasus wrote:
It reminds me of the Oz Pearlman routine (the name escapes me, even though I purchased the download) where he gives half a deck for the specs to shuffle and when they turn each card over it matches the same order as the other half that Oz has. Possibly the same move involved?

I believe the routine your referring to is "Perfection". I don't own the DVD/download, but I would assume that he's using the Derren Brown false switch? Again I don't own it so I'm not sure. But, if that's the move you're talking about then...no...I don't use that. But, you could if you wanted to.

Matt Mello
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8398 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's it, perfection. I don't perform it because if I can't perfect any moves in less than an hour it goes into room 101. If I rate perfection as a 10, in terms of difficulty, what would you rate Graphic as? I really like the effect but need to know I can use it.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1705 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Graphic is about a 3 in difficulty. It takes one or two watcheds of the video to get it but once you got it, you'll have it with you forever.

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GRAPHIC (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL