The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Paul Harris Classics vs. TA versions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Hi!

I don't have the TA project yet,
but I wanna take comments about the new versions on the Classics of Paul Harris,
Backlash vs. Backlash 2
Vegas Leaper vs. LVL$
Seductive Switch vs. SS2

and others....

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
366 Posts

Profile of kamus
I don't like the new backlash- I fear it can be too easily reconstructed. Then again, I didn't like the old one.

LVL$ is OK, though the setup is a little contrived and you must have balls of steel to try this- risky.

I was never a fan of SS. I could never sell the motivation. SS2 has improved motivation but not enough for me to want to do it.

Reset vs Reswindled. People like the new version but it comes off as contrived and movey to me. But again, though everyone seems to love Reset, I never did. Please keep in mind, that despite my negative comments here, I've long been a fan of PH and I like this new set. But these particular classics never appealed to me except for LVL.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I really like LVL$ on the TA set. The set up is something to consider but well worth the unexplainable payoff
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
LVL$ is a great starting point, but I think much can be done to compound the effect. A little pickpocketing, maybe a method where they load their own signed card into a different pocket, maybe loading some coins in their shirt pocket, etc.

I have a vision of doing a set that ends with every single pocket on the spectator loaded with props from the act
AlexMack24
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
56 Posts

Profile of AlexMack24
Quote:
On 2009-09-21 01:37, Daegs wrote:
I have a vision of doing a set that ends with every single pocket on the spectator loaded with props from the act

That sounds awesome. My hat off to you and the best of luck to you sir.
TomJHodgson
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of TomJHodgson
I feel that some of the things may have been dumbed down almost maybe for the newer generation of magicians, can't say much I'm one of them, but after reading the AOA books some of them definitely have been Streamlined but some I'm not sure they just don't feel I'm not sure really how to explain it.

I love the set to death though and recommend it to any Paul Harris fan or anyone wanting to improve there magic well even creativity.

Paul is an idol in my eyes and I'm always happy to see what he has for offers.

Like said above many of the effects have many opportunities the set-up for LVL$ could be applied to oh so many ideas and effects utilised with pickpocketing its killer.

that's what I can think of for now but the set is definitely worth it

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Paul Harris Classics vs. TA versions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL