We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pressure 2.0 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Good Evening Everyone!

Very recently, Theory 11 along with Danny Garcia and Dan White put out their newest product called Pressure. The effect...penetrate a borrowed cell phone into a balloon. You can purchase this effect at http://www.theory11.com .

I actually came up with this same idea (as many others have so I've been told) 10 years ago. I wanted to come up with an impromptu version of Jay Sankey's Airtight. So this is what I came up with. I never published it or did anything with the idea. Fast Forward a decade later, and Pressure is released from T11. I smacked my head when I saw it...."DOAH!"

However, the handling for Pressure is NOT the same as the version I came up with previously. The handling with the T11 version is VERY WEAK and in my opinion, exposes to the audience how the first part of the trick is performed.

My version is far stronger. Picture this. You penetrate the cell phone inside of the balloon. You blow up the balloon (letting go of the bottom), tie it and hand it to your spectator. Pull out a knife (or anything sharp) and pop the balloon in their hands while they hold it. The clean up happens IN THEIR HANDS. No biting the balloon, no odd clean up or weird handling.

Again...THE CLEAN UP HAPPENS IN THEIR HANDS! If you desire, your spectator can remove the cell phone from the balloon themselves or you can do it...the choice is yours.

Here's the official performance demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnOjHLE3Y0

I proudly announce the release of Pressure 2.0. This is available as a $6 instant download and will be available by either contacting me privately or directly from my website.

PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: You must already know how to perform Pressure. I am in no way trying to undercut Theory 11 or Danny and Dan in anyway. Support the creators of this effect and buy it from Theory 11. After buying their effect, then come find me for the best handling of this routine imaginable.

My handling is FAR BETTER and truly sells the routine to your audience. Now go forth...and Ma-Jish!

Christopher Lyle
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Looks great
at the end, are you cleaning up, or taking out the phone

I guess my question is, when you slice it, does the balloon clean itself up completely, or do you need to clean up more
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
SWEET!!! MUch, much better. Very nicely done. This is much more convincing. If I was to think I knew the method, the way you presented it would eliminate that thought. Great work!
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Nice! My only question is, and I feel like I know the answer, but does this handling work with larger phones, such as around the size of an iPhone?
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
You must know you neibour very well to wave around a knife like that.(lol)
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Suux88 - no...I am not cleaning up...just removing the phone. The balloon cleans itself up AUTOMATICALLY! No further action from you is required. They can remove their own phone from the balloon if you wish.

Todd - Glad you liked it! Yes...my neighbor is a cool lady! = )

Bryanlonden - YES! You can use an Iphone. I did it with one tonight. In the explanation (soon to be available...thanks for your patience to those who have already purchased it from me) I do it with a flip phone and with my Blackberry. I will say the smaller the phone the easier it is...but any size will work.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Wow. So I'll tell you now...your handling is a million times better than the Pressure handling. There's no comparison at all. I bought Pressure because I KNEW there had to be more to it than what I thought based on the demo...nope! I guess that's why it didn't make it onto the David Blaine special...

I've fooled around with the idea of keeping the object in the balloon (had it work sometimes...with some items you can even shake the item around!) but I can't wait to check this thing out.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

You won't be disappointed!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I should mention that until I get it all set up on my website, if you would like to purchase this, just PayPal me $6 to lylemagic@aol.com.

Enjoy!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
I just sent $6.
I'll throw in my thoughts after I receive it!
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
When you blow it up, how often does the balloon come out?

how many times will the balloon self clean up after the slice 100% or 50%

if it's 100% you have me sold
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

To be honest...this is NOT an easy handeling. It will require much work and much practice! For me, the phone NEVER comes out of the balloon and it's 100% full proof as long as you slice the balloon in the correct manner (which I teach). It's a great bit! You won't be disappointed!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

The best part of 2.0 is the fact that once you blow it up you can let it go and no longer will you need to hold the bottom of the balloon! That right there SELLS the routine to your audience! If they thought they figured it out, you just shattered their brain and destroyed their theory!

You don't want to do any hip hop dancing with it but you can be free to move about the cabin. The phone ain't goin' anywhere!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
I am more worried about the success rate in self cleanup

when is the instructional video ready to go?
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

My webmaster assures me it will be up tonight so I will send the link out to all my patient customers the second I receive it. Being at the mercy of others to do my bidding is not to my liking but I know very little about web design and the like.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-29 23:07, Suux88 wrote:
I am more worried about the success rate in self cleanup

Practice makes perfect. The self clean up is EASY! The hard part happens before that!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2124 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Nice work Lyle. It's funny, Pressure came out on a Friday night. I downloaded it, and as I was playing with the effect on Saturday, I also came up with a cleanup very similar to this. I didn't have the touches of tying the balloon or putting it the spec's hands, but the re-inflation and popping are something I've been working with for the past week, because I love the automatic cleanup. I've found it works best for me if the object in the balloon is a deck of cards.

Hope everyone is enjoying Pressure and the various possibilities with it.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
wilfr3d
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of wilfr3d
Can I use a toothpick instead of a knife for the finish?
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I just tried it THREE TIMES with a toothpick. Worked all 3 times!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
How bout a sniper rifle with the spectator holding the balloon at head height?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pressure 2.0 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL