The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » This is probably one of the MOST UNDER RATED Card Magician Out There. Very Sad. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
This guy I'd put in the top 10 of Card Magicians. I mean this guy is insane and (sic) with his Magic. I've heard people say he has no personaility, to that I do SINCERELY say Bbbbbbb.Sssssss. If you could do just HALF of what this guy does you'd be making a very good living. He's still not as good as my Man Darwin Ortiz, but **** good nonetheless, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx0RNpu4acg
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Seriously this guy's Raise Rise is the most visual Magic around. I saw, I THINK it was Rannie doing it in a video clip. I kinda know how it's done as this guy at the Magic shop showed me but it's hard to explain. I've heard people say Ray has no personality. I think he does and he's great, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Ray is a great cardman and performer. People base those comments on the DVD he made several years ago. A real live performance is different from a video taping/filming in a studio or even on location. For the latter, you will have to get spectators. In most cases, spectator who have no love whatsoever for magic. Well...pretty much the same out in the "the real arena". YOU EITHER GET ONE OF THE 2 IN A STUDIO SET UP....A VERY DRY AND ALMOST BORED AUDIENCE OR A "OVER ZEALOUS, GUNG HO, HAPPIER THAN SPRINGTIME AUDIENCE. I would bet money that watching Ray live is a totally different experience.

Incidentally, the one I do is called Flop up. It is nowhere close to what Ray does. I can't even do Raise Raise.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Thanks for clearing that up Rannie. I thought it was you that did the Raise Rise. It may've been another person. The card while out-jogged well, went to the top. Where Magical indeend and must be D*** Hard...lol, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
As for being under rated...I think that's fine. Being under rated amongst fellow magicians does not hurt unless the magician in question is selling , lecturing or touring. I am pretty sure Ray creates more smiles and wows everyday for laymen. This is what really matters. Its not sad at all in my opinion. Its all a matter of perspectives.

Just my thoughts on the matter!

rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Donnie
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Donnie
Ray Kosby is a great technician. His work is brilliant and direct. However put him in a room with Aldo Columbini. Who would the laymen prefer? It is not a rip on Mr. Kosby. He is a genius. But there are many overlapping spheres in magic, performer, creator, writer, editor, engineer.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Ray Kosby, simply from video footage I have seen, seems a bit socially akward. Maybe this is his character or maybe, like the Buck Twins, he isolated himself to perfect his technique... I do not know. All I can say: his skills are enviable.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7lB_d6v_eA

The ball through bag is great same as the apple changing color. I'm lost...lol Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
I have impossible card magic, and his material is AWSEOME! His sandwich effect (full deck one), His twising three cards effect, his collectors, re cased infact all of it is really good!!!! Not to even mention the raise rise.

This DVD is gold and ALL the material on it. Ray also seems like a nice guy, and keep in mnd this was the 80s (or 90s?)
UnknownMagician93
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of UnknownMagician93
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 20:12, Pauldela wrote:
I have impossible card magic, and his material is AWSEOME! His sandwich effect (full deck one), His twising three cards effect, his collectors, re cased infact all of it is really good!!!! Not to even mention the raise rise.

This DVD is gold and ALL the material on it. Ray also seems like a nice guy, and keep in mnd this was the 80s (or 90s?)

It was early 90s I'm fairly sure, atleast about the VHS version.

Raise rise is my favorite truck to perform. I absolutely the Ambitious Riser. It has so many applications, a few of which are on the Tape. Like a past-time clipshift for all its application.

-Dan
jmstrings
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of jmstrings
The reason he is probably underrated (or actually imo correctly rated) is because he's an excellent cardician, but not a very entertaining magician.

In other words, he's not that good of a performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » This is probably one of the MOST UNDER RATED Card Magician Out There. Very Sad. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL