The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Telltale Aces. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
This is one I had to relearn. It seems as if my brain can only hold so many card tricks so if I learn a new one a old get deleted. Here are Card Tricks I use to know and do. I Love this the Beginning Patter is Skinner's then I go into Nash's Patter. I had to do this THREE TIMES. The first time I accidently spread the deck face-up prematurely revealing the Ace. The second time you could see me add a card to the Ace Pile. The third time was better. I still need a little work on my pass. There's still a glimmer. Go to my "Eddini's Card Controls". I rely heavily on misdirection such as asking a question they look up and it's done or I do it in a movement as a bigger movement in theory hides a smaller one. I didn't talk too much this time except for giving credits at the beginning, Enjoy My Friends in CHRIST, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqayjz5ipUw

1) Psychotronic Card
2) Quantum Theory
3) Cannible Card (Ammar)
4) Secret To a Royal Flush
5) Jazz Aces
6) Hitchcock Aces
7) Card Through Hankercheif
8) Card Penetration and Change
9) Paramount
10) Henry Christ's Fabulous Four Ace Trick
11) Reset (Probably My Most Advanced One I Did)
12) Play It Straight Triumph
13) Bluefield Debut
14) Vacuum Cleaner Cards (I LOVE this and will relearn it todday to put up today)
15) Mamma Mia Card Routine (Awesome Routine I'm re-learning soon)
16) Jack-Ed Edge
17) Out Of This Boat (The ONLY Easiest OOTW I could follow)
18) Maxi-Twist (Again Love This, Sort Of Remember It Just Got To Brush Up On It)
19) Cannible Kings (Ackerman's Version)
20) Gambler Vs. Mentalist Vs. Magician
21) The Joker Works Overtime (Killer Chicago Opener Effect)
22) Primate (Which I should pick up quickly)
23) The Color Changing Deck (Eason. Again I could Learn Thid Fairly Quick Too)
24) Three Different Ways (Skinner, a VERY, very good Multiple Card Location)
25) Down The Garden Path (Nash)
26) Vernash Aces (The One With The Faro Control)
27) Tribute To Tarbell (Osterlind)
28) Psychological mpossibility (Osterlind)
29) Please Don't Feed The Cards (Sankey)
30) Mental Breakdown (Sakey)
31) The Mockingbird (A KILLER Maven Routine)

Wow I didn't know there was so many I did at one time. I'll relearn them though and put them up, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
One point I believe a layman would be suspicious about was that you took a while showing the Diamond Ace while on top of the pack. It was shown for longer than the others. If a spectator even suspects you're being sneaky, you're busted, even if they don't know exactly what you're doing.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
True it was my 3rd take. It had been over a year and I practiced and practice doing it. I love this trick. The naming of the Aces is Michael Skinner's, the patter about Sleight-Of Hand, Magic, etc, is Martin Nash's. I've never had anyone suspect anything. I guess that's the difference. I've alwats believed they know it's Sleight-Of-Hand, and if RARELY they happens to be a awkward moment, I've always believed if they can't explain in detail what has happened, then it's fine.

For instance, My Magic stand has like 8 decks in it. I NEVER do deck switched unless specifically called for. Plus my case opens up in drawer form which I like so I can open it without stuff on top falling. So I just put one Deck in, do a trick and put it back pull out another different one and perform. Occasionally people have said "Why so many Deck Of Cards", and whether they believe me or not I say each one is for something different, like for instance if I perform Mental Photography, I say I can't do that with a printed deck, which IS LOGICAL. Also I say I don't like wearing out he same deck. I mean there's NO WAY I can hide them realistically. Also I do Detour De Force (Which I'll put up here), and LOGICALLY you do need THAT deck, so itdoesn't bother me TOO, too much, as I'mnot niaeve enough to know Laymen know we DO use different decks, BUT they still don't know the exact workings,

As I've said though I use one Deck, Sleight-Of-Hand 70% of the time. I do AGREE that, that part needs to be smoother. My only other question is, is if I'm doing my displacement good enough with the 4 aces so as to do the Elmsley Count. I'm going to set up my stuff as if I'm street performing, stand, chair, light...etc. Show the inside and what I have in my cloe-up case (I've seen this on youtube), BUT then do a couple of tricks so you can see how EXACTLY I Street Perform in real life and my transitions. Thanks for pointing that out, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Where is telltale aces in print?
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
The only trick I know with this title is Larry Jenning's "Tell-Tale Aces" from "Dai Vernon's Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic" by Lewis Ganson. It's a version of the so-called Hofzinser Ace trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Telltale Aces. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL