The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Up to my ears in balloons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
I practice and practice. I look around and I am up to me ears in ballons. Some or very good as they are the ones I did after I got the lattest ballon creation down. So what can I do with them? I have been going on a pop rampage but that seems kida wasteful. Anybody do anything special with there practice creations or do you do what I do and just pop them all and be done with it?
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Go to the local dining areas and give them out with business cards...

or just go to a local senior center and practice there
Buster Balloon
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Buster Balloon
Find a children's hospital or foster care facility in your area and see if they would like to have them. Retirement homes are often very grateful for such deliveries as well.
Buster Balloon
Creative Genius, Balloon Twisting Savant, & Pre-Sweetened Breakfast Cereal Connoisseur
http://BusterBalloon.com
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Pour liquid nitrogen on them. stick them in an envelope and mail them quickly.....

Send them to the neighborhood kids, school or a daycare locally.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Mark, great suggestion with the Nitrogen! What was your address again?

Schools and stuff are closed by the time I get off my day job and I am afraid that the daycare kids might be too young for balloons. I like the hospital idea but not sure if they will allow balloons.
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Sometimes I drive by a couple of neighborhood parks on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon if I don't have a gig (a situation that is becoming less and less common..Hooray for me), and look for someone having a birthday party. I offer them my practice balloons. I'll take my son, and tell him we are going on a "random acts of kindness" run. I know these runs bring unexpected joy to the people that are receiving the balloons, and I hope that it also instills something positve in my son.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
You might want to go by a restaurant with a kids night .... stop in ask the manager if you may give out a few gifts for his patrons. Then tell him he could have this on a weekly basis...for a fee.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-03-31 21:25, montymagi wrote:
Mark, great suggestion with the Nitrogen! What was your address again?

Schools and stuff are closed by the time I get off my day job and I am afraid that the daycare kids might be too young for balloons. I like the hospital idea but not sure if they will allow balloons.

Restuarants are open pretty late.. They will also last the next day ya know...
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Mark that is not a bad idea. I can go by my restaurant on a night I don't work and give them out as lagniappe. I have all the restaurant work I can handle right now would not take another night but it could never hurt to do a little something extra for the ones I do work.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 23:35, montymagi wrote:
Mark that is not a bad idea. I can go by my restaurant on a night I don't work and give them out as lagniappe. I have all the restaurant work I can handle right now would not take another night but it could never hurt to do a little something extra for the ones I do work.

As they say "Dig your wells before you get thirsty!"
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
Hospitals only allow mylar balloons in the children's areas. Latex balloons are forbidden.
I like the idea of balloons at the senior center, though you need to be careful with some of those residents, too.
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
papillon
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of papillon
There is a local shopping center that every month has a chlidren's afternoon. with surprises for wich are castle, drawing, facepainting...
but not a balloon clown or magician. I invited myself to go there, they agreed with my free offer. after an hour I stopped, as I had had my exercise, an the pictures that I wanted. the organisation gave me 4 free movie tickets, and ask if ý could come back next months. that did not have the budget, but we are trying to find me a sponser.
My suggestion: go and practice in places where people see you...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Up to my ears in balloons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL