The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » China Change by Sterling Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicball
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of magicball
Is the China Change by Sterling Magic is the same gaff as Chinatown Half.

Thanks
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5253 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
No, after the half turns into a Chinese coin, the Chinese coin can be cleanly shown on both sides and handed out as it's not gimmicked.
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Is that just a sxxxx and a chinese coin only??? I have a sxxxx already and I am quite interested in this effect.
Redneck
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Redneck
Quote:
On 2003-05-16 04:50, Andrew Wong wrote:
Is that just a sxxxx and a chinese coin only??? I have a sxxxx already and I am quite interested in this effect.

Yes.
But, there is p**** on the inside of the s**** so that it matches your h*** .
I hope this he*ps you de*ide on yo*r pur*hase!
-Redn*ck
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5253 Posts

It's a half dollar sxxxx, NOT expanded, and a cut down Chinese coin that fits inside perfectly. The sxxxx is flesh colored on the inside.

You may already have a sxxxx, and you could easily color the inside, but I doubt you'd be able to find a Chinese coin that fits inside perfectly.
Michele
View Profile
Loyal user
Taiwan
290 Posts

Profile of Michele
I've got one but it is not flesh colored inside ???
Redneck
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Redneck
Quote:
On 2003-05-16 09:49, Michele wrote:

Then the effect must look rather odd.
Unless of course you perform wearing metallic gloves. Smile
Seriously, I don't see how it would look right at all, unless you keep moving that hand fast which may be suspect if you do?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5253 Posts

Quote:
On 2003-05-16 09:49, Michele wrote:

Just paint the inside flesh color - - that's exactly what Sterling did to make the inside of the China Change half sxxxx flesh colored.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4401 Posts

Profile of Paul
Just buy it.I had a routine for it and some other gaffed coins in the May issue of Club 71 Magazine.

To get a good match for flesh colour, look through magazines/newspapers with colour photos in and cut out a piece accordinly.

Paul.
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
This is one of the MOST underused and underexplored gimmicks out there. It is inexpensive also. For example, you can use this coin in almost any trick requiring an extra half dollar, do the trick, and at the end, reveal the unexpected "Chinese" coin and let them examine it to their heart's content if you are so inclined. Since the half is not expanded it looks perfect regardless of the scrutiny. Paul's idea about the magazine is dead on. Been doing that for over twenty years since I got my first gaff like this from Eddie Gibson. I think he called his "Oriental Express" or something like that.
You can also use it like a C/S but as a B/S <S> instead. Again, at the end be clean. You can insert different "backgrounds" from magazines to work on a mat or what have you if you desire. Great item, imho.
Sorry I don't know how to get a copy of the Club 71 magazine (haven't heard of it before) as I'd love to read Paul's work on it.
Cordially,
tr
Smile
Smile
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1062 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I won't buy Sterling. Stick with Johnson.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5253 Posts

Johnson doesn't make an equivalent gimmick, so that's not an option...unless of course you get them to make one custom for you for more money, and for custom work, I'd use Todd Lassen anyway.
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
576 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Aw guys, just order one from Todd Lassen!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
576 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 22, 2003, Larry Davidson wrote:
Johnson doesn't make an equivalent gimmick, so that's not an option...unless of course you get them to make one custom for you for more money, and for custom work, I'd use Todd Lassen anyway.

Agree with Lassen as the best of the makers. Todd made me one and I love this gaff. If anyone does know any routines for this in print with a link I'd be grateful!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » China Change by Sterling Magic (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL