The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy for Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
For those who were asking about the DVD of my cups & ball routine 'Runaround Sue', a review of it just came out on Inside Magic. You can read it here http://insidemagic.com/article_889.shtml
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Hi Tim,
Didn't know you came to these parts.
I enjoyed you routine when you did a lecture in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
I've got your notes but I didn't know there is a dvd.
The routine rocks!
Daniel Faith
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Daniel next time in your in Milwaukee look me up. it seems like cups and balls is a old trick but people love doing it.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Good to see you Daniel. I've been hanging around the ol' Café for a while now, popping in when I get a chance.

If you enjoyed the notes, I really think you'll find the DVD extremely useful. (It even has a version of the infamous D'Cups & D'Balls on it).

I really wanted to explain everything in as much detail... if not more... than you'd get at one of our workshops. You also get to see the evolution of the routine over nine years.
bnadworn
View Profile
Regular user
Western New York
131 Posts

Profile of bnadworn
While I am explaining how it "really" works I do it in VERY slow motion. I will pick up the cup (could take 30 seconds to do) and place the ball under it (another 30 seconds of great facial expressions) and then replace the cup. Then when I show them in "real" speed I do it ultra-fast by not even touching the cup at all! Then when challenged I reveal the ball under the cup. If you are good at acting it up while doing the slow motion you can really milk it for what its worth. You could stop, comb your hair, get a drink of water, etc. all while pretending to be in slow motion. Talk slowly too adds to the effect.

- Brian Nadworny
"They say the hand is quicker than the eye but I won't believe it until I see it."
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Try sticking the cups on your ears and saying its pricess lay-a (<---can't spell to save my life) if you wan to get risque you can hold them up to your chest and say it s a madona impression there are others but I can't remmeber them all right now
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy for Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL