The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Visions of Wonder 1-3 DVDs by Tommy Wonder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicproshop
View Profile
New user
MagicProShop
46 Posts

Profile of magicproshop
L&L's highly anticipated release of “Visions of Wonder” by Tommy Wonder has finally come. Check the Visions of Wonder DVD set out http://www.magicproshop.com/index.php?ac......p;id=585

What does everyone think of Tommy Wonders magic? Do you think these DVDs are worth getting?

Peter Whiteman
peterw@magicproshop.com
http://www.MagicProShop.com
Peter Whiteman
www.MagicProShop.com
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
No Peter!! No! Get rid of the post before everyone finds out and buys these awesome DVD's!!!

Andrew Smile Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
magicproshop
View Profile
New user
MagicProShop
46 Posts

Profile of magicproshop
Andrew,

Are they that good? Why do you like them?

I understand Tommy Wonders skill, I have just seen very little of him. I will definitely have to watch these for my self.
Peter Whiteman
www.MagicProShop.com
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
I had seen the vids in the MagicShopPro. Those DVD are great. Great Buy and must buy. Wonderful idea and great effect.

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Bought them all yesterday.
scottlurowist
View Profile
New user
Wappingers Falls, NY
52 Posts

Profile of scottlurowist
If you buy them from L&L directly, you get a free, autographed poster, and a set of his lecture notes. And they price match. Ordered mine Wednsday, and they are on their way !!!
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
I love Tommy Wonder's stuff. Have a few of his videos and couldn't wait to get the DVD's

A little disappointed on Vol. 3 as I think the nest of boxes effect will not be able to be used by the average magician..way too complicated to make the gaffs.

Coins across again a little iffy as the coins available or not as the routine goes..

Of course my all time favorite and the main reason of getting this vol. is ambitious card and ring..Love that effect but again have to put in the time making the special thing for the card to appear in..
just my opinion..
Don
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I recently posted the following on another board:

Last summer, I received a call inviting me to a video shoot with Tommy Wonder. Without the slightest hesitation, I got off the phone, immediately called my travel agency, and booked airline tickets to travel 3000 miles across the United States. I knew this taping would be an important historical event in magic. I was not disappointed. It was an amazing and wonderful event that I will never forget. Tommy Wonder finally decided to tip his mitt on these videos and DVDs. You will NOT want to miss these. They are the best videos tapes I have ever seen… period. I won’t go into describing all of the material here but it includes his published material as well as work that has not been published before, new wonderful handlings on previously published items, etc.

In watching these videos, you may believe the responses were prompted or coached due to how strongly people reacted but I can tell you from being there that they were not. The audience quickly realized they were watching one of the best magicians in the world and they simply were acknowledging this. There was no prompting, no solicited responses, no acting. The reactions were real and if you were there you could “feel” them and understand why. I have sat in on many a magic show before but I have never seen or felt such strong reactions before. There was one person at the shoot, as an example, who has seen a LOT of magic. During one piece (Elizabeth IV), I was watching the audience and I noticed this person standing in the back of the room. I watched her reactions… she was simply stunned and shaken with disbelief. As the climax came to the effect, she had tears come to her eyes. It made me realize how incredibly impactful Tommy Wonder’s magic is, how deeply he had touched everyone in that room, and what a true Master he is.

As far as the production of the “Visions of Wonder” videos and DVDs, I would without a doubt say these are the finest tapes L&L has released. The tapes are filled with texture. They are not just trick, explanation, trick, explanation. Instead they take you “in” and make you “part” of this wonderful event. You get to enjoy the festivities, you get to explore the mind of Tommy Wonder through the amazing guidance of Max Maven leading you on the journey, you get to see the humor, you get to see the intensity, you get to see a level of magic you will aspire to attain, a level of magic you can reach if you follow some of the thoughts on these videos.

The routines demonstrated on “Visions of Wonder” will require time, devotion, and some will require extremely intricate mechanical wonders. Those willing to go the extra mile will have miracles they will use forever. Those who don't will still find a tremendous value in watching a Master at work and applying the lessons learned to their own magic.

I have watched hundreds of magic videos and DVDs. It is VERY rare that I feel the thrill that I did after watching “Visions of Wonder”. These videos and DVDs will give you insight into the mind of a modern day legend and in doing so will make you a better magician and will demonstrate what magic should really look like. As I said earlier, these are THE best videos I have ever seen. Do yourself a huge favor and buy these videos and live with them for a while.

Tim Trono
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I just ordered mine today. I am so stoked I cant wait to get them. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Quote:
On 2003-05-16 01:41, magicproshop wrote:
Andrew,

Are they that good? Why do you like them?

I understand Tommy Wonders skill, I have just seen very little of him. I will definitely have to watch these for my self.

Tommy Wonder is probably better known in England. He is awesome though. He is a very talented performer and his magic slays people.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Wow,

I just saw a preview for his watch, wallet and ring effect and I must say I can't fiqure it out. I am going to get this and his book right away.

Lee
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
I had the privilege of attending his lecture at the SAM in, I think, 1978 in NYC. His (two) cups and balls routine is the strongest use of misdirection I have seen before or since. He had to explain his final loading sequence three or four times over to about 300 magicians because they couldn't follow it, even during the explanation, even with closed circuit tv on it.
His thinking is superb and he has great timing and presentation. I have been waiting a long time for these and maybe they will finally arrive tomorrow...
Oh, and to mention one other thing, when ordering direct from L&L you get the autographed poster plus the videotape of his British lecture from several years ago for free. I don't know anything about getting lecture notes...
Cordially,
tr
Smile
Smile
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Yes it is, no wonder that Tommy Wonder is so popular. He is incredible!
WOW
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1871 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I will definitely get the tapes. They are probably one of the best videos in these years.

Alex Smile
YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Got em today (the set, the poster, and the extra video).

Until now, I had only read about Wonder's cup routine. Man it was nice to be taken outright.

I'll review these a little later on(for anybody who might actually care what a nobody thinks).

regards,
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Mr. Giesecke, I for one, always enjoy reading your posts. I'm sure your thoughts on Mr. Wonder's new DVD's will be a great asset to our little community and I look forward to reading your review.

Mr Tronto, I seem to recall you mentioning this incredible project in another post months ago. Back then you were very enthusiastic and it appears your intial obsevations were correct. I have been waiting for the release of this set now for some time, and it kinda feels a little like Christmas in May!!!

Too bad I happen to be broke the very week that these DVD's are released!!!! Guess I'll have to make do with the Stars of Magic book I bought last week until I can afford this set!!
Drive Carefully
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of afknight
I wholeheartedly agree with those who say run, don't walk, to the nearest phone or computer to order your set. I'm only halfway through the 2nd volume and already I've picked up some important insight to incorporate into two routines which I currently perform. In addition to learning some cool new effects. These DVDs are very well produced.
melish
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of melish
Anyone care to assess what skill level required for building the props needed in some of the routines?
Thanks.....
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5761 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
OK, I finally had the chance to sit down and view Visions of Wonder. WOW!

I was immediately taken back to the joys and wonders of that weekend. It was a rare event and this is well represented in the DVDs. From the very opening sound bites you know this is a DVD set unlike any other. When you hear, without picture, the climaxing phrase to Ring, Watch, and Money you hear all the timing invested to create drama, theater, and impact.

There lies the true, great teaching of this DVD set. Tommy Wonder displays all the nuances, which give his performance impact. If you learn nothing else, this DVD set will have proven itself invaluable to you. Study how and why he does what he does. Don't just learn the tricks and don't ignore a routine because you are not going to perform it. Every item has something to be learned about performing in general.

As for the props, Mr. Wonder is an expert craftsman and has ceaseless energy toward achieving perfection. Some are more readily built by the average person; others are not. To the experienced the details are clear whether they are electronic devices or simple cardboard collapsible devices. Rare are the items which require machine shop work and the like. I won't say anymore because the item in question is such a wonder to see unfold that it is truly a joyous entertainment to behold the creation. Simply brilliant. Several very well versed magicians were present at the revealing of the mechanized delight... all were stunned by the devious level to which Mr. Wonder would go to perform this miracle.

I simply can not relate to you enough how invaluable these DVDs will be to every performer who wishes to have a serious understanding of performing magic both close up and parlor. The philosophies, observations, insights, and solutions of one of the most creative and thoughtful performers in all of magic are revealed along with Tommy Wonder's strongest of pet routines.

To read the books is to glimpse the brilliance. To see the effects come to life in the hands of their master is to know the brilliance, in its every nuance, first hand.

This DVD set not only achieves my highest endorsement, it achieves a level yet un-reached capturing all the dinner discussions during the down time as well as the buzz that was going on between sessions. You have darn near the total experience I had being there in person that weekend.

Get to http://www.LLPUB.com/ and get these DVDs!

Tom
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
Got them today (the set, the poster, and the extra video).

Until now, I had only read about Wonder's cup routine. Man it was nice to be taken outright.

I'll review these a little later on (for anybody who might actually care what a nobody thinks).

regards,

It was great to see this routine in its entirety. I saw him perform it at a PCAM a few years ago and it failed to fool me at all, as all I could see from my poor vantage point was one of the cups perfectly framed between the two heads of the fellow magi in front of me. Therefore none of his exquisite direction of attention worked as I had no place else to look.
A great treat to see it presented, as it needs to be seen.

Quote:
On 2003-05-16 17:49, magic hands wrote:
I love Tommy Wonder's stuff. Have a few of his videos and couldn't wait to get the DVD's

A little disappointed on vol. 3 as I think the nest of boxes effect will not be able to be used by the average magician...way too complicated to make the gaffs.

Coins across again a little iffy as the coins available or not as the routine goes.

Of course my all time favorite and the main reason of getting this vol. is ambitious card and ring. Love that effect but again have to put in the time making the special thing for the card to appear in.
Just my opinion.
Don

Volume Three is my favorite. It's great to see Max Maven get more and more incredulous as Mr. Wonder peels away layer after layer of his magnificent mechanical table.
As for it being unworkable for mere mortals with no access to advance metal fabrication facilities. I was inspired by his thinking, enough so that I was able to create my own version of a self loading nest of boxes table. These tapes are not made to mimic but made to inspire creative thought.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Visions of Wonder 1-3 DVDs by Tommy Wonder (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL