The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I have references on Ammar, Laflin and the Viking Silk to egg routine. Can anyone tell me if there is anything new in the The Allakazam Egg routine carried by Hocus Pocus? Besides the dvd?

Thanks again,

Walking Bob in Iowa
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
The Steve Dacri DVD from L&L has a unique Silk to Egg you may like.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Going back into our past; Karl Germain's Freely Chosen Silk to Egg is so old it's new and unique again. I am working on an up-dated version of it for my Mini-Mysteries series. Ready in about a week.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I also have the L&L dvd with the Steve Darci routine and it is really fun to perform, especially with the right spectator.

Thanks for the ideas so far!!!

Walking Bob
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Here are some views on the Allakazam. But write them and ask which one they are really using!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Ammar teaches a simple workable version.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Just a follow up to let you know that Karl Germain's Silk to Egg Revisited is now completed and available on my site. Besides a description of the Germain original version, I have included three updated variations of it, including my favorite version which is performed with candy-filled plastic Easter Eggs (no mess!). If you want to get away from the hollow egg with a hole trick and do something that seems completely different, you might want to look this over.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2695 Posts

Profile of John Long
Is the Karl Germain method the same as in Tarbell V1, An Eggs-Traordinary Eggs-Planation?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2009-05-08 17:41, John Long wrote:
Is the Karl Germain method the same as in Tarbell V1, An Eggs-Traordinary Eggs-Planation?

No, Karl Germain started from a completely different perspective than the usual silk to egg using the Stodare Egg. No Stodare Egg is needed at all in Germain's routine. Germain's effect dates back to 1896 when he was just starting out professionally, and he probably knew of the Stodare Egg, but might not have been able to afford one, or perhaps he just preferred coming up with his own effects, since he was a great "Do-It-Yourselfer."
Professor Spellbinder

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2695 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks, I read the description on your website for more detail
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL