The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The James File (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
Was curious if "The James File" is a worthwhile purchase to make.

Dave
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
VERY much so. Mostly card stuff, but James's creativity went into all areas. A lot of stacks and set ups etc. but you will find material that will be baffling your magical buddies as well as lay people for years. The guy was a true genius, one can only marvel at his work. One of my favourite buys of the past decade.

Paul.
petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
Paul,

Thanks for the input. Wanted to get some input since it is fairly expensive and I figured it had to be good from the name and that Bill Goodwin helped work on it.

Dave
CoinsFallUp
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
61 Posts

Profile of CoinsFallUp
Just recieved my copy today. Was wondering if anyone has any favorites from the set.

Thanks,

Chris
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Expensive? Yes. Worth the price? Definatly! The chapter (and without a doubt the first thing you want to look up) about James' cardproblem "51 Faces North" is almost worth the price of the books, although his own solution is not included (its in Penumbra #1).
Let me also suggest you get a copy of Stewart James In Print, which recently have been reprinted in just 500 copies by Hermetic Press

Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The James File (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL