The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » the best resources for card manip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I think this would help a lot of people out including me...

I have the Art of Card Manip (Mcbride) and have spent many hours mastering the productions, fan, etc., from there that I wanted in my act. I wanted to know what everybody's favorite books, DVD, and videos are on learning card manip...

I think if we got all the sources on here everybody would be able to improve their act.

Thanks very much.
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Glad to hear that you are putting in those hours on mastering the moves in McBride's videos. They are the best videos on Card Manipulations in my humble opinion. I scrutinize the tapes over and over again myself. There're so much information in there.

However, I don't understand why you said all of us will have a routine like Jeff's. The videos consist of so many sleights and moves. Each of us will compile them differently. We leave out different things, and include others, maybe some of our own. That's what makes all our acts different. Explore those moves, find out which are the ones you like. Compile them together, making sure they flow, throw in some music, and there you have it, your own unique manipulation act.

I'm sure poor Jeff wouldn't want a whole world full of youngsters imitating his award-winning act. Smile

Good luck on practicing dude!
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Here are some that are quite good...

Card Magic by Manipulation by Lewis Ganson I heard is quite good.

Also Tarbell volume 2 has some good stuff on card manipulation (all the stuff that you should learn first).

Thanks
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Another good resource is "It's Easier Than You Think," by Geofrey Buckingham, and another good resource for billard ball info that is not widely discussed is Arthur Buckley's "Priciples and Deceptions."
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I also heard card fan productions by Ed Marlo had some good stuff in it.

What about card manipulations in gloves? I wanted to get started. What is the best book or video on this subject?
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
McBride's card manipulation videos cover card manipulation in gloves and Lewis Ganson's Routined Manipulations Vol. 1-3 covers the same. Highly recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » the best resources for card manip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL