The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I have never seen anyone manage to get Golden Fleece to work. Ditto for that trick of Michael Sibbersen's with the card pips printed on the tube--that's a great idea, but while I saw Michael do it with his prototype and I could see a definite card index, I was never able to get it to work with the version that was mass produced.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

Forgot all about this thread! Can one of the moderators merge the two threads on Worst Tenyo Tricks?

I have to bring a Money Shredder with me to Tokyo and get Mr. Sugawara to demonstrate it for me. When I told him that people were having trouble doing it, he seemed perplexed and thought it worked fine.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Mini-morphosis gets my vote. Forget the noise -- the gimmick doesn't always work and you have to fuddle with it during a performance.
I agree that Clean Cut is too obvious -- same with ZigZag Cig.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

I'll give Angelo Carbone (the inventor) the benefit of the doubt on "Mini-Morphosis." Something might not have come through on the manufacturing end.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-02-11 19:23, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I'll give Angelo Carbone (the inventor) the benefit of the doubt on "Mini-Morphosis." Something might not have come through on the manufacturing end.

Oh yes, it is an ingenious mechanism. Didn't mean to slight the creator.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6754 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Myself, the trick Bioshock, T-190 is useless. I have seen the YouTube vid. I cannot seem to make it do that.

The Midas Machine is great! I just have to find a ten dollar bill to match. This change in currency really .pisses me off, not only because the magic gaffs no longer work, but it no longer looks American! The one dollar bill is the only thing left. Now I hear that may be toast. It never ends... Smile

Doug
peterger
View Profile
New user
Belgium
91 Posts

Profile of peterger
I believe that John Mazza can help you out with those bills...
the magic guy
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of the magic guy
Vanishing point and burglar ball. I'm not saying the effects aren't good when purchased, but that what you get for what you pay really isn't worth it. The slight of hand involved can be rather obvious too, especially burglar ball, if you scrutinize the box to long, or the spectators find that you can !@#$ the cover.
the magic guy
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of the magic guy
Sorry, I meant to say the way you can move the cover, not the f word, I meant something else, it auto corrected it, srry
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
The magic guy, everyone has the right for her or his opinion, and I don't want to argue with yours, however I have found Burglar Ball to be one heck of a litle neat trick, and it's still very cheap. You can do the Burglar Ball routine or the Crystal Box routine because they basically use the same props. You can hand out the items to a spectator before the magic happens and they won't find the secret. You should look into it a bit more Smile
Vanishing Point looks to be obvious when you get the props in your hand, but if performed well spectators should be pretty baffled.
But again, it's all personal taste of course Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3477 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Have to agree on Burglar Ball. I have it to be a fooling effect and the simplicity of the props adds to the deception in my opinion.

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

You'll feel differently about the greatness of Burglar Ball when you read Sugawara's original handling in the Tenyo book.

And ... Vanishing Point looks beyond amazing when the creator, Kenichi Komiya, does it.
the magic guy
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of the magic guy
I agree with all of you, the tricks are really amazing and visual, but I just don't like the props given to you. It's just so simple to make them yourself instead of spending money, like vanishing point, because all you need is a piece of paper, a card, a ball, and some kind of stand. I'm not going to argue because I find that the effects are amazing, and have baffled many that I have shown the trick to, but the props are kind of so so, especially with vanishing point. Maybe if the card was plastic or more sturdy, or if the maneuver wasn't so risky, other then that, yes they are good, but no, the props are cheap and easy to make. Also for burglar ball, I don't like to hand out the box because then people find the different ways you can put the l*d on and then take the ball and find out the trick.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

There is more to the props for Vanishing Point than meets the eye. The ball is coated in a special tacky substance. The stand not only has a precison-made mechanical aspect, it has been very carefully designed so the ball rolls exactly the same way every single time--at precisely the same speed in the same amount of time.

The card should not be made of plastic--it's a playing card and it might seem suspicious if made of plastic.

When you say that the "maneuver" is risky, what do you mean? Yes, the ball has to roll into your fingers, but the way the prop is designed it will happen exactly the same way every time if the instructions are followed. The only risky part is if you can't hold it inside your curled fingers. That's certainly possible, and one of the reasons why Vanishing Point is different from most other Tenyo tricks: it requires sleight of hand.
the magic guy
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of the magic guy
I just think that's it's kind of bad by itself. If you do it as a transposition to 4d case, etc. it's good, but by itself, it's kind of suspicious and you have to get rid of the ball.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

Tenyo doesn't sell "routined" versions of its tricks requiring you to buy more than one thing. Yes, bringing the ball up from under the table is lame, but it's pretty clear to most Tenyo buyers that there are a number of tricks Tenyo has marketed that will allow you to reproduce the ball in a magical way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL