The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Besides Wonder Window apparently having a common manufacturing defect, is anyone really fooled by it? I've shown Magic Patagonia's youtube presentation video to 4 people, and 3 out of the 4 had it figured out in under a minute.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2011-04-01 12:45, cyberdave03 wrote:
Besides Wonder Window apparently having a common manufacturing defect, is anyone really fooled by it? I've shown Magic Patagonia's youtube presentation video to 4 people, and 3 out of the 4 had it figured out in under a minute.

For me: 4/4 Smile The first time I bought the trick I even knew how it worked! I agree, it is 'kind of' inspectable before and after, but come on ... this trick is so obvious ... .
I really don't understand why this is some people's one of the best Tenyo items ... . Of course, it is a nice mechanism, that is true Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
For trisector The 50euros bills are perfect.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Anyone who might be fooled with the classic Penetration Frame I would think would easily be fooled with Wonder Window.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I'll try it again Bill, this time with my students, see how much of the 19 figure out how it was done Smile

About Tunnel Of Darkness, you are absolutely right (at least I have had this problem too a lot of times - it works a bit better when you pull the chain fast, at least that is my experience, but then it looks weird/unrealistic), so I also let people hold/close both ends with their hands.

Stereo, thanks for the advise. Just bought a spare one from Hitomi and will 'make' it into a EURO-trisector Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3477 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Still stick by Wonder Window. I love this effect and think people are fooled with it. The opening is so fine you can show both sides of the window before penetrating it with the card. My favorite of the Tenyo penetration effects. The fact that that you can remove the "glass" panel and have it examined sets it apart from the Glass Borad and Mystery Triangle. It is always one of my top go to items when pulling something from the "Tenyo cabinet of mystery" to show a friend.

Cheers,

John
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 09:58, J M Talbot wrote:
Still stick by Wonder Window. I love this effect and think people are fooled with it. The opening is so fine you can show both sides of the window before penetrating it with the card. My favorite of the Tenyo penetration effects. The fact that that you can remove the "glass" panel and have it examined sets it apart from the Glass Borad and Mystery Triangle. It is always one of my top go to items when pulling something from the "Tenyo cabinet of mystery" to show a friend.

Cheers,

John

...it would be great to see everyones "Tenyo Cabinet of Mystery"...we all know stereo's and killertweety's ones from their great sites...it would be interesting to see the other ones from this forum...maybe we can get ideas on how to organize our items...will try to upload a photo of mine...not sure how to attach photos here...
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
it would be great to see everyones "Tenyo Cabinet of Mystery"...

In my case, it would be "Tenyo Box of Mystery". Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I agree - would be tempting, and I also agree: in my case you would only see 21 cardboard boxes (can't display them any longer due to the growing collection and the steady place.... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
R-U-D-!
View Profile
New user
AUSTRIA
54 Posts

Profile of R-U-D-!
Quote:
On 2011-04-01 12:14, towledge wrote:
Tunnel of Darkness...not worst per se...but often the red die falls free of the cage ...

Too late my friend, too late! The "tunnel" was part of one of my first close up programms...about 30 years ago!
And only now I know the risk... *shudder* ;-)

R-U-D-!

@Nicolino: Unfortunately, I don't have :-( Greets from Austria to Germany ;-)
R-U-D-! from Austria

This entry was posted by Google from German to Chinese, than into Greek and then finally translated into English. Enjoy!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Hey-dee-hoh Rudi,

you should come by more often - it's a lovely place here and as soon as you own at least one Tenyo item you're welcome to participate in our earthshaking conversations.... ooops, forgot you passed all your tricks on me already... Smile

Enjoy your day on the golf range, we'll talk later! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
R-U-D-!
View Profile
New user
AUSTRIA
54 Posts

Profile of R-U-D-!
Quote:
On 2011-04-17 05:50, nicolino wrote:
Enjoy your day on the golf range, we'll talk later! Smile

I've found (and know) only Tenyo's "Black Hole" - I'm looking for "Sliding Hole" - or better "Sliding Holes" 1 - 18 ;-)

R-U-D-!
R-U-D-! from Austria

This entry was posted by Google from German to Chinese, than into Greek and then finally translated into English. Enjoy!
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
A while back on this thread...Excalibur was being discussed and Magic Patagonia suggested using cooking oil to help lubricate...then Dragonash suggested mineral oil. Has anyone else tried either of these? Is either one better on Tenyo plastic?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3477 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I just received an Excalibur this week. Tried it last night and it worked OK... not sure if I got lucky... what is the main issue that people are having with this?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
BTW, what EURO coins work best for Excalibur? Mine has also just arrived... Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
I wasn't necessarily singling out Excalibur...but Tenyo's typical moving plastic parts in general.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3477 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I understand Towledge. There has been chatter in the past on issues with Excalibur and was curious what the main problem was.

Cheers,

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have no problems with my excalibur too. It work perfectly.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
What I meant was for other Tenyo effects with moving plastic parts...what do you guys think would work better...cooking oil or mineral oil to help lubricate? I'm purposely being vague as I don't want to reveal any secrets for specific tricks.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I don't see other Tenyo trick with moving plastic parts necessiting help to work fine. Maybe you can just put initial of tricks to help us.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL