The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2010-06-19 19:43, brangwinj wrote:
China surprise--- I was surprised what a piece of crap !!!

I really like this trick. I like to perform it with young males who are into sports (no shortage of them) What I do is say "would you like to play a game of Chinese basketball? The closer tube is 2 points and the further tube is a 3 pointer." It drives them crazy when I continue to beat them.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2010-09-25 18:29, dragonash wrote:
I have heard that mineral oil is good for lubricating plastic. Maybe that would work here. I think it is less likely to spoil.

I think a good oil to use for Tenyo Magic Tricks is hobby oil that is plastic safe.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
My post above is about Mystery China Box not China Surprise.

I agree that China Surprise is one I will never buy.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Excellent idea for Clean Cut Smile
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Pop up card is not one of my favorites.

I like Color Changing CD, Mickey Mouse(Japanese version). but the materials are cheap, thin cardboard, which is a shame.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I originally was only planning to get the Tenyo that were great performers, but now I am leaning toward getting more of the numbers.

I can't believe that I am considering getting tricks like Golden Fleece and Thunder Staff. :-(

What is happening to me?
AA
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
...and yet another member in our circle.
Visiting hours every 2nd wednesday 07:00 pm.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Floating Lady is a very dumb trick. It's cute enough to watch but to perform it makes it quite clear it's pretty lame. My kids figured it out in 5 minutes!
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I'll be there for sure Nicolino.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
... but I might need more than one session per week.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 08:44, Houdini103126 wrote:
Floating Lady is a very dumb trick. It's cute enough to watch but to perform it makes it quite clear it's pretty lame. My kids figured it out in 5 minutes!

I desagree, I never figure out how floating lady work in detail. Because there is the plate with drawing.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 01:33, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
I originally was only planning to get the Tenyo that were great performers, but now I am leaning toward getting more of the numbers.

I can't believe that I am considering getting tricks like Golden Fleece and Thunder Staff. :-(

What is happening to me?
AA

Why you don't like Golden Fleece?....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I'd love to see Golden Fleece in action Magic Patagonia - hint hint Smile It's not a bad trick at all.

The problem with Floating Lady is the clear plastic 'window' gets scratched after a few performances leaving traces on how the gimmick works: in 'not so ideal' light conditions you can see the gimmick moving.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 01:33, The Amazing Azzam wrote:

What is happening to me?
AA

Funny, I'm leaning the other way. Originally wanted to be a completest, but now I'm thinking of selling the stuff I don't like (ie-Thunder Staff Smile) or don't use (ie-moonspinner) or stuff whose routine is too hard to remember (ie-parabox). I'm finding I get more fun being able to do the trick than owning them all. On the other hand it was easy collecting Tenyo cause all I had to do was buy what I didn't have. Now, the hard part is to figure out what tricks I will like by description only & everyone's reviews.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 13:50, Killertweety wrote:
I'd love to see Golden Fleece in action Magic Patagonia - hint hint Smile It's not a bad trick at all.

The problem with Floating Lady is the clear plastic 'window' gets scratched after a few performances leaving traces on how the gimmick works: in 'not so ideal' light conditions you can see the gimmick moving.

That is why I want to try to find an unopened version of Floating Lady. Seems hard to find Smile
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
I just bought a "Fadeaway Case" and this gets my vote for the worst Tenyo I own. It was brand new in the package, but it was not working out of the package, and the production quality was terrible. I had to take it apart to get it working again. There is a loop of plastic f**m between two rollers that had separated and the adhesive was sticking to the inside of the case. Once I got it working again, it was disappointing that the bill or card cannot be made to entirely vanish because the f**m is slightly transparent on the opaque side.

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The quality of the case is pretty good I think, I like the whole design. The effect is more like an experience, and it work fine in mine. It's special trick for sure. There is some routine where you can make a selected card appear in the case using clear plastic card like the one on See Trough card.
For me it's not the Tenyo worst trick.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Mine came broken and well and I had to do the same fix to get it working. I find it to be an OK trick. Not terrible but not great either.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
I am just disappointed that the quality control is so poor that a trick can leave the factory broken. And from xl18's post above I am not the only person to experience this. I think the effect also could be improved had they used a more opaque f**m that would enable the card or bill to completely disappear. On the whole, it's not a terrible trick, but it has been the most disappointing that I have bought.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL