The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 17:07, J M Talbot wrote:
I just received an Excalibur this week. Tried it last night and it worked OK... not sure if I got lucky... what is the main issue that people are having with this?

Sometimes the quarter coins don’t get into the slider fluently/they get stuck sometimes - that's basically it. The other part of the trick works fine.
Another issue: the INCREDIBLE noise it makes Smile, but you weren’t referring to that I believe Smile.
Excalibur is a good trick when it works, however the noise gives it away and makes it hard to perform without giving away the secret.
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 17:25, nicolino wrote:
BTW, what EURO coins work best for Excalibur? Mine has also just arrived... Smile

I tried them all without succes Felix … .

• The 10- and ‘above’ pieces are too thick;
  • the 5 cents pieces and less are too small in diameter Smile. Perhaps we can try pasting some strips on the slider to narrow it since 5 cent's are very thin and slide easy over eachother from what I've tested ...? Then again 5 cents are much smaller and have another color, so this is a bit far fetched perhaps ... .

JM, someone once told me the Canadian quarters work better then the American ones … can you compare this for us? (if so, remember the deal we had Wank lol Smile )
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 22:42, towledge wrote:
What I meant was for other Tenyo effects with moving plastic parts...what do you guys think would work better...cooking oil or mineral oil to help lubricate? I'm purposely being vague as I don't want to reveal any secrets for specific tricks.

Do you mean helping the parts move or make the trick more silent? And I wouldn’t matter that much revealing part(s) of Tenyo tricks since almost everyone here knows how they basically work – and if not and some ‘spies’ are among us let them drool on the great mechanisms that make these tricks work Smile Or am I being to bold here girl(s?) and guys ?
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
You know what I do for Excalibur. I don't even bother trying to accomplish what needs to be accomplished in one swipe of the sword. I do it in three movements and thus specs get to see not 1 but 3 penetrations! After first I say would you like to see it again? I run the sword up change position so it is now vertical and resting on table and do a third time. This guarantees what we need to accomplish. Each sword cut can be interpreted as a PENETRATION and I do each one in a quick ripping motion to justify the sound. Afterall it is a metal sword penetrating metal coins.

What do you guys think of this?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
**** I don't understand very well what you do because my bad english. Maybe you can explain me again with simple words and more details ? Or in Pm. This sound very interesting.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Thanks Tweety for the detailed EU-informations! IIRC correctly I have some CAN quarters somewhere in my drawer - will check tomorrow and let you know!
Bonna Pascua!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
That is a great idea Towledge! (Stereo, perhaps this will clarify it for you) You mean that you just go with the sword back and forwards three times in stead of one time as suggested in the manual? That way the coins have more 'chance' to get into place?
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Yes exactly Killertweety. Three "penetrations".
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Three is always better than one ^^
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
I think Undercover Cube blows
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
I agree for sure, far from one of the best!!!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3479 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Actually all the Tenyo tricks work much batter with Canadian coins! Am willing to trade four magical Canadian quarters for a "Floating Lady"...

John
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
359 Posts

Profile of dragonash
For Undercover Cube, Petrick (of "and Mia") developed the routine. According to him the one Tenyo printed is an off-the-cuff one he proposed with a polished routine to follow. When he came up with the final routine, they had already printed the preliminary one. He sells the finished routine (which is a wonder) but only supplies it if purchasing the effect from him. I thought I could remember it; I had a set already and did not want to pay for another. Alas, I hardly remember it at all.

The last I heard they were operating out of Las Vegas.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3479 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Interesting info Dragonash, thanks for sharing. I saw Petrick and Mia lecture a couple of times in the past. Petrick has a great Tenyo mind (ie he loves clever gimmicks and methodology) I have his "Signature Magic" series in the collection as well. They are not quite as clever as most Tenyo items but well made and reasonably priced. His "Slicey Dicey" looks great on the shelf!

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2011-04-22 11:11, Killertweety wrote:
JM, someone once told me the Canadian quarters work better then the American ones … can you compare this for us? (if so, remember the deal we had Wank lol Smile )

I found some CN quarters in my drawer but also some Italian 10 Lira pieces - they are nearly identical and probably easier to find for you European guys....

See picture below!

Click here to view attached image.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3479 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yeah, but it is much more manly to perform with coins that have a wild moose on them versus a couple of stalks of wheat! <g>

John
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 13:52, J M Talbot wrote:
Yeah, but it is much more manly to perform with coins that have a wild moose on them versus a couple of stalks of wheat! <g>

John

I didn't know coin adornments had anything to do with being "manly". My Wife ordered me a PINK Hello Kitty debit card, when I bust that sucker out, I get great reactions. Her logic in ordering it for me was that I would psychologically be inclined to use it less and she was right. That said, people say, you must be pretty secure in your manhood to use the card. They're also right and my 2 daughters love the card too.

Either coin is manly, just depends on the "MAN". Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3479 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
LOL!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I used to do Wonder Window all the time. Bought about half a dozen of them and four work fine--two didn't work at all and I pitched those.

The worst Tenyo Trick? What about "Money Shredder"? Can anyone even get this to work?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Richard, didn't you mention earlier in this thread all your Wonder Windows worked? Smile

Quote:
On 2010-02-06 20:40, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Wonder Window is a great trick: you just have to practice it. I've never had one that didn't work.

For Money Shredder, tried it a few times and the first couple of times it didn't work, but after playing with it I got the hang of it and it works now (I believe I used a bill that is slightly smaller then the dollar bill which makes it easier for the string to 'do it's thing' ...). Never used it again after that to be honest.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
When recently going through my Tenyo stuff, I found two Wonder Windows that were segrated in a ziplok bag--I now recall that they didn't work very well. The other four I have work with no problem.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 12:56, Nicolino wrote:
CLEAN CUT - Maybe it fooled kids 20 years ago but nowadays every 6-year old figures out what's going on.

If you do the Hot Tips routine that is outlined on the Official Tenyo Site you will hopefully have a new found respect for this trick. When you push the long rope in and the gimmicked pieces move, it is very convincing and then to actually remove one of the gimmicked pieces and re-attach it, it totally confuses the audience. At first they will think that have it figured out, but by adding these two steps to the routine, they will be confused.

I just looked at the second Hot Tip on Clean Cut and it is quite a bit to follow. That must have been the case years back when I found it. My removal treatment is much simpler.

I cut the rope, push the ends in for extra effect, close the cutter, slide the rope through so that the end is just inside of the cutter, I make the cut and then remove the small piece, show it to the audience, replace the piece and then heal the rope. It works well. Try it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The worst Tenyo trick ... . (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL