We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Card At Any Number - Aronson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3838 Posts

Profile of JanForster
The idea of Daren is already in print, see in Simon Aronson's "The Aronson Approach"... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3838 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Being back home I would like to get more precise: the routine is called "Any card, then any number". Very clever constructed, as the entire procedure seems to cancel out the possibility using a stooge. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
417 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 06:55, Daren wrote:
...by saying to the stooge you can name any number between 1-52 for eg 44 or 11 etc. As I say these two numbers the stooge takes one from the other and names 33....

You can name only one number. The stooge adds or (takes) a fix number.
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 172 A4-pages * version 3.40
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3838 Posts

Profile of JanForster
... yes, the stooge subtracts the mentioned number always from 53... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
You don't need a stooge for a clean acaan,especialy if you know the aronson stack. The fact that you know the location of every card, is the begining of a awesome acaan. for the rest of the info read Meant to be by john b born,you will find tne easiest method on page 241. A form of this and my own works for me. But the book is a must read for anyone wanting to perform the acaan.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4927 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 13:15, The Amazing Noobini wrote:
Darwin Ortiz has a nearly identical effect called Test Your Luck, which I know was in his 2007/2008 "Ephemeral" lecture notes. Don't know if it has been published in any of his more easily available books or DVDs.

Darwin Ortiz Lecture DVD with the amazing effect "Test your Luck", superb effect:

Owe it: http://www.internationalmagic.com/ (use the search box)

This is strong card magic. If you have a memo stack in your mind this effect is easy. I have done Test your Luck several times and its a "worker" in real life.
If you test this effect you will put this one in your bag of tricks for sure.

From ad "Recorded in November 2007 - This DVD showcases a number of new routines from Darwin's professional repertoire. These routines appear on DVD for the very first time so you'll not find these in any of his groundbreaking books."
Trailer clip from DVD, this is not Test your Luck, however, you can get a feel for the dvd style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRbpabufbRY
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
A method I have used to cue the number to a confederate is to mention a year in my patter say 1933 the last two digits code the card (JC)...

"This trick was made famous in 1933 when Howard Cranston performed it at the World Magic Conference in Paris".

Danny Archer
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3838 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Not bad, but Simon's method allows to do it with a confederate who has not to know
the stack. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Card At Any Number - Aronson (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL