The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dressing down (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks, Dave. I learned something today.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I DEFINITELY didn't stand out like this person:

but did stand out more than this one, who although he drew a HUGE crowd, wanted to not attract too much attention for obvious reasons.

No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yea, that is another way to put it, "Stand Out."

What country of Europe were you in?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Copenhagen, Denmark.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I have to say Mike, I'm also a bit lost as to why you keep up this theme. Why is this such a sticky point with you? Why bring it up so often? What's your motivation?

I think it's pretty clear by now that you haven't gotten too much (any?) positive feedback on your choices. But that's OK. You're completely free to dress as you like and it's nobody's business. Except, of course, when you throw it in our faces every 4 or 5 days. Then we begin to wonder -- I do, anyway -- what your possible motivation could be?

Couldn't you just let it rest? Do you really think you're going to win us over and start to dress like you? Doubtful, right? So maybe it's time to move on to something else you can beat to within a millimeter of death?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I think there is a misunderstanding, Chance. I am only dressing up to my character. I am new at street busking. I like learning as much as possible.

I would not be where I am so far if it was not for street busking if I did not ask so many questions last year. Some answers I will agree with, but some I will disagree with. I see no problem a person asking so many questions if he/she wants to learn. I will never know if I will never ask.

There are certain things I already learned from this thread. The way Dave dresses to me is not called dressing down. If it is dressing down, I was describing "dressing down" too low in some of my earlier post.

I also learned a lot from Ray's first two sentences. He is right, it makes a lot of sense. No one mentioned it that way to me before.

Sorry, Chance, but I like what I am learning.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Well I don't dress like any of you guys. I'm talking again about perspective & attitudes. I love chocolate more than most, but even then I don't eat it every day, if you catch my drift. Even good intentions can be misread depending on how they're presented. I'm just wondering if there isn't anything else you'd like to discuss this month besides your clothing?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 16:13, Chance wrote:
Well I don't dress like any of you guys.

I do not know how you dress, but I am not going to get upset over it. I am glad you feel good the way you dress.

Quote:
I'm just wondering if there isn't anything else you'd like to discuss this month besides your clothing?

lol. Give me a little more time, I'll think of something. Smile
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Mike,
I was curious if you have gone out and tried both, "dressing down" and wearing the suit you want to wear.
In the end, nothing on the web will answer you the way a few days on the pitch will.
It doesn't matter what anyone, including me, says...what are you doing about it? It's not what works for anyone else but you.

Get the heck out on the streets and let us know what works for you and why.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
This thread was going quite civilly and emjoyable to read until someone got contentious. Sad.
O.k. back to playing nicely, everyone.
The presentation makes the magic.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 15:24, Chance wrote:
I have to say Mike, I'm also a bit lost as to why you keep up this theme. Why is this such a sticky point with you? Why bring it up so often? What's your motivation?

I've been wondering that myself for sometime now.

The bottom line is this:

Performers perform ... period.

Entertainers entertain ... period.

If you need fancy costumes or shiny props to do either, you are doing something wrong.

Don't twist what I just said there - yes, you can entertain in a fancy suit. Yes you can perform with shiny props ... but if you can't entertain without them, you shouldn't expect to entertain with them.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
warren lee
View Profile
New user
Conn,
14 Posts

Profile of warren lee
Hey Dave,I saw the or could swear to it,the same guy in old town at 2006 fism in stockholm.SMALL WORLD,BUT I WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO PAINT IT!!!!
My hat takes checks
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Huh?
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 18:57, Mad Doctor wrote:
Mike,
I was curious if you have gone out and tried both, "dressing down" and wearing the suit you want to wear.
In the end, nothing on the web will answer you the way a few days on the pitch will.
It doesn't matter what anyone, including me, says...what are you doing about it? It's not what works for anyone else but you.

Get the heck out on the streets and let us know what works for you and why.

I was already in the streets and tried it last year. What you see in my photos is what worked for me. The reason is because that is what pleases me. That is why I am going to keep it that way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dressing down (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL