We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
There are four main effects taught in the booklet and some others mentioned/hidden within (ex. the bent coin I have mentioned a couple of times).

The effects are very practical, angle free, fairly easy to do, etc. I have been carrying around and USING Xpert over the last week. I cannot recommend this highly enough. If I told you the method you'd probably think "cool" and buy it based on what it is but go the next step and TRY this. You will be pleasantly surprised. The gimmick is VERY well made and I believe Neil is hoping to put together a booklet of additional ideas at some point in the future with the gimmick. There is NO WAY anyone can make the gimmick as well as Neil - I was amazed at how well made it is. Neil had described this to me some time ago but it far exceeded my expectations. I see LOTS of new magic but this particular item really stands out.

Your spectators will just not have any path to go to… they will be fooled VERY badly because of this clever device.

Tim Trono
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Thanks, I'm going to order it on Wednesday, hopefully.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17175 Posts

Profile of joseph
There is an effect called Bent Cent by Koenig reviewed here:

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0206bentcent.html

Are these two effect similar in any way?

Smile Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3046 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi Joseph --

I do Bent Cent (from Kenton Knepper's An Enchanted Evening manuscript). It's a very good effect. The XPERT routine is entirely different, because unlike Bent Cent, the bending happens entirely in the participant's hands.

But the bending routine isn't the only reason to get the XPERT. This is truly a utility item (the way a thumbtip is a utility item), and you will find dozens of devious ways to use it. Enough ways to fill another booklet of routines, which I am working on.

Thank you for your interest, Hivemind, Redstreak, and Joseph. And thank you for your reviews, Platt and Tim. It's very rewarding to hear that people are enjoying this!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
I'm just getting back into magic as an adult, and was wondering if the Xpert is worthwhile for a beginner, or should I wait? It appears to be an awesome item, I just don't want to buy something that wouldn't be practical, given my skill level.
F. Zandura
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Can it be done with short sleeves?
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3046 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Don't worry, FZandura: the XPERT can help you perform routines at your current skill level. There is no difficult sleight of hand to master; the concept is one of subtlety rather than knuckle busting.

Best of all, the more you learn, the more applications you'll find for this tool -- which is why guys like Ben Harris and Kenton Knepper are so excited about this.

And yes, Redstreak, it can be used with short sleeves. Or no sleeves, for that matter (should your performing persona be a psychic Patrick Swayze).
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Great, I was really afraid that it would be done with sleeves. BTW is there a kind of guarantee? Like the SS, don't take it the wrong way, it's just I heard many good reviews about the silver shifter but I didn't like the product very much.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3046 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I guarantee the workmanship of the device. I further guarantee that the routines are well thought out and, if demonstrated by a competent performer, will entertain your audience.

But if you don't like the secret, can you return the device for a full refund? Probably not.

P.S. Congratulations on your 500th post, Redstreak. Cheers! Smile
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Im just wondering About The Out Of Body Experience routines. Was this based at all on Larry Beckers Routine of the same name?
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
I'm sold!
I've just ordered mine from Hank Lee's Magic Factory

I hope to have it on time as I don't know why everytime I order they take a looooot of time to process my stuff

Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3046 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
MichaelMystic asked if there is any similarity between the Out of Body routine supplied with the XPERT Device and the identically named routine by Larry Becker.

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: In OUT OF BODY XPERT, a borrowed coin is chosen from a handful of change, marked with a participant's initial, has its date noted, and is tightly held in anybody's hand — yet the performer invisibly extracts the coin; it is soon found in the pocket of another participant some distance away!
This is accomplished very cleanly and virtually sleight free.

In comparison, Mr. Becker's Out Of Body (in his breathtaking book, Stunners Plus) is a card routine in which the performer apparently goes "out of body" to invisibly look through a cased deck of cards and identify the one card that the participant turned face-up in the deck or placed in his pocket.

Other than that, they're absolutely identical. Smile

To read descriptions of all four primary routines included with the XPERT Device (that's not even counting the variations and the bending coin routine), visit hocus-pocus.com (and now hanklee.com) or my own website, necromancerevents.com

Thanks!
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Guys, don't ask anymore questions. Just get the XPERT. It's a gem, it's a keeper, it's something you will use. In fact, I'm trying to create a small routine based around the XPERT device.

Neil was kind enough to include a booklet (about 15 pages) with his routines. He could have just sold the XPERT device alone, and include a one page "instructions manual" (like in so many other marketed effects), but he did not do that. He chose to be generous and his routines are very well thought out, and you probably don't even have to think about modifying anything because the effects are as DIRECT as can be and CLEAN. It's really how mentalism or magic effects should be.

Thanks Neil!

Cheers,
Jeff
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Neil,

I just received my Xpert this afternoon. I LOVE it and the concept. I'll PM you with two ideas I came up with as I finished the manuscript and began "brainstorming". I might be willing to post these in the Secret Sessions...but then again, maybe not. (grin)

Anytime you want to stop selling this effect to others is not too soon for me. Stop it already!!

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
Go on Turk, please...
(as long as you don't reveal any methodology).
It would be a great tease as I am still awaiting delivery of mine Smile
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
ok ok ok
i am getting it now!
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
AHHH I was going to get it yesterday from hocus-pocus but I missed the sale! I guess I'll have to pay regular price. BTW, can I buy it directly from you?
nappa
View Profile
Regular user
new york
108 Posts

Profile of nappa
Neil is this on sale at any other magic shops?
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3046 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hey there, Redstreak and Nappa --

The XPERT is currently available from hocus-pocus.com and hanklee.com, as well as from my site, necromancerevents.com

I just sent a large shipment to Murphy's Magic Supplies yesterday, so the list of dealers carrying The XPERT should expand like an accordian momentarily.

Thanks for your interest!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I don't know what Annemann's landmark periodical is referring to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL