The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I... I mean my wife threw both of my xperts away.... ;(
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I am VERY interested. I havent been using mine very much lately but strangly enough have been thinking about doing so again and also wondering if I should maybe get another 3 pack to have back-up! Glad to know that you're still active with it, thanks again!

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Hard to believe we are all 10 years older since Xpert arrived on the scene and this thread started!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 19:23, Terry Holley wrote:
Hard to believe we are all 10 years older since Xpert arrived on the scene and this thread started!

Terry

Yeah and Im sure Neil is glad his invention is still going strong!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Anyone know if these are still sold anywhere? Penguin comes up on a Google search, but they no longer carry it.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hang in there, Todsky: the DVD is in post-production, and it will contain much more Xpert material than the original package—including a tutorial on how to make the gimmick so you'll never need to buy a refill. Watch for it at Penguin.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Thanks for the update, Neil. I'll be watching for it.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Wow. Talk about a good memory from the vault. I always wondered why this sort of disappeared over the years.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Just picked up this thread. Sounds interesting!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Isn't this the same gimmick that Justin Miller uses in one of his recent releases? Who came up with it first?
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
I watched Justin's videos today and had the same thought, have been searching for my Xpert booklet to no avail.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Lumberjohn, it is well documented that the Xpert gimmick is my creation and was marketed globally through Murphy's Magic Supplies in 2003.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Xpert and slip n slide are not the same.
Necromancer came up with something totally diff. Than what I came up with.
The gimmicks are diff. the methods are diff. the routines are diff.
Also, if you lost a slip n slide pen you can make one up in less than 2 min.
So as far as I can see on the info that has been given to me..not the same.

JM
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
Count me in as well for being interested enough in Xpert to find a 10 year old thread an read through it. I started by looking into Fearson's Intuition System but this sounds much better. I don't want to carry around a deck of cards to actually write on all the time.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
So, this just happened today.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6239

Best,
Neil
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
In case you missed the above link, the Xpert is now a download-with-gimmick package that includes EIGHT effects PLUS instructions on making your own refills, so you'll never need to be without one of these invaluable devices.

I filmed this two years ago and am so glad to finally see it out there in the world. I hope you like it!

Best,
Neil
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Does the original manuscript from 2003 have different routines from the current version sold with gimmick. And if so. Is it still available .
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi Baldini,

Everything from the original manuscript is included, and then some. Smile

Best,
Neil
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Thanks Neil.
I ordered it from Penguin and watched the download . The problem now is which effect to do first, there are some amazing routines and just as you stated. NO sleights, all very simple. Leaving us to concentrate on performance . Finally, a true advertisement .
On a side note, your web site says if we have the 1st name on a page in the original booklet, we can get more routines. For those of us who only have the new download. Can we gain access.

Regards Dave
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi Dave,

So glad you like the new, expanded download!

Please disregard my website: the info on it is outdated and needs to be brought up to date. The new routines mentioned there have been incorporated into the current product.

Thanks,
Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL