The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Encased" DVD by David Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've been using Dave's "Encased" for about 4 years now. It's a beautiful effect. I see he has now released a DVD with extra ideas and handlings:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=11483

Imagine you have any card freely selected and signed then lost back into the pack. Now imagine that you pick up the card case and remove the two Jokers from inside. But, there is a third card IN BETWEEN the two Jokers - THE SIGNED SELECTION! Imagine it was easy to do, completely practical and received STUNNING REACTIONS! Imagine no more. This is David Forrest’s ‘ENCASED’!

‘ENCASED’ is an integral part of David Forrest’s professional walk around and table hopping repertoire. This is completely practical, mind blowing magic that is so easy it is almost completely SELF WORKING. The original release has been a complete sell out at all of Dave’s lectures and a continued best seller on the magic market for almost four years. Now, due to popular demand, ‘ENCASED’ has finally graduated to DVD.

On this broadcast quality DVD you will learn the all new, SUPER QUICK SET-UP that allows you to install the SPECIALLY MADE CUSTOM GIMMICKS (included within) in any card case of your choice. You will learn a multitude of tips and tweaks to the original set-up - information that can only come from years of constant use in the field.

The applications for ‘ENCASED’ are quite literally limitless but the DVD features 5 show stopping routines using the amazing ‘ENCASED’ gimmicks. These full routines are explained in complete detail, including all sleights and moves, to ensure you’ll gain maximum impact from ‘ENCASED’. Here’s what you’ll see:

* JUST ENCASED - A freely selected signed card instantly appears between two Jokers inside the card case - simple and stunning!
* PICNIC CASE - The spectator cuts to the three mates of their signed selection. The selection itself is found in the card case - flanked by the two Jokers!
* ENCASED OF EMERGENCY - Three random cards change to the mates of a selection which is them discovered in the card case between the Jokers!
* THE ENCASED CARD - An interesting version of Bro. John Hamman's 'The Signed Card' using the 'ENCASED' gimmicks!
* MENTAL CASE - Accurately predict a spectators answers to random questions during the course of a simple game of chance - this is a STUNNER!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Mental Case is worth the price of the dvd as far as I'm concerned. When Dave first showed this to me, I just laughed and said, "Brilliant!" Love it.

He's also altered how to construct the gimmick. Those of you who have the original know that constructing the gimmick, while not hard, was kind of time consuming. No more. He's streamlined the construction. It's now super easy. He also has some tips on the dvd to make the gimmicks even more deceptive (not that it's not deceptive enough as is but... well, you'll see).

I've seen Dave dem this at two conventions now. He pretty much sells out of them every time. And with good reason. It rocks!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks mate,

Yeah - it's true. In person I usually sell a few. I don't bleed from my eyes or anything but it seems that this plain old method is enough to fool the good old 'layfolks' - and make so called magicains go 'HHMPH!!

Folks, it's the easiest and most surefire stunner on the market today!!! Of course, I would say that!

Chuckle!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Now, Dave, don't lie. I've seen you cry blood. Right after I showed you what I THOUGHT was a super cool trick with 21 cards...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Cameron - my eyes are bleeding from thing only. That 'Joey Tribiani' style avatar!!

You're fooling no one my man!!!

Dave.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
What, cameron was not in friends? I feel lied too.

In all honesty I was one of the folks who hated this when I saw it but again Dave prouves me wrong and I will admit that it does exactly what it says on the tin and thankfully it
Is a little gem I like to use to smack them right in the face with some mind melting magic, so yes I saw the error in my inital judgment haha

alan
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I'm expecting Iain Moran, Liam Montier, Ozman, Christopher Williams or Donny Orbit to give this the thumbs up any second now.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Andi, don't take our word for it. I know there are some reviews of this back when it was available as a booklet. Look them up. I was a fan of Dave's, and this trick, before I started working with him. Trust me, if you get it, you will love it. The gimmick is cool but my favorite aspect of the trick is the structure of Dave's main routine. You get so far ahead so quickly and with almost zero work. The revelation of the signed card between the Jokers is shocking. It just seems truly impossible.
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
Ok, I'm neither iain moran, liam montier, donny orbit or christopher williams (although sometimes in some situations I wished I was), but I'll send my praise about encased anyway.

you will have built the gimmick in no time. and while others just tell you in their dvds "get xy to build the gimmick. it's available nearly everywhere. well, at least where I live *chuckle*", dave includes all the necessary gimmicks with his dvds. great service (ok, you'll have to supply the glue yourself).

another plus: the gimmick is perfect for the effect "just encased". others could stop here ("umm ... ahem ... another trick ... with the gimmick? yes ... it's possible ... youuuuu .... could exchange the jokers for 2 red tens! yes!"), but david includes 4 other effects that work well with the gimmick ... and they don't look all the same. especially mental case is brilliant. he could have also included one of his tricks from the trcikery dvd and the dvd would be complete. but that's nitpicking.

thanks again david for implementing my request for that order.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Just bought it. Will post a review when received.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2009-04-12 05:49, Andi Peters wrote:
I'm expecting Iain Moran, Liam Montier, Ozman, Christopher Williams or Donny Orbit to give this the thumbs up any second now.

Didn't want to dissapoint you Andi!

I've been performing Encased ever since Dave released it in booklet form a few years ago. I regularly perform the original routine (with a few personal twists) I also often use the gimmick as a rather useful utility device...

I picked up the DVD at the Blackpool convention and a couple of weeks ago started performing Dave's Mental Case. The reactions have been astounding - it's almost too strong! There are many clever principles at play here, which make the routine completely impossible to reconstruct. It's one of those effects that make you smile whenever you do it!

Plus the new way of constructing the gimmick is a breeze - took me about 2 minutes!

I give this the thumbs up!

Iain.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Cheers Iain. I wonder where the others are?
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
This is so ridiculous (good). I just received it earlier today, and what can I say? Amazing! First I opened the case and looked at the gimmicks and I was just like, "what does this have to do with getting a signed card to a card case?" So I played it immediately in the dvd player and was shocked! I haven't looked at the explaination I just looked at the performances and the set-up for the gimmick, It is very simpe the set-up. It's not really time consuming it is probably like three minutes of set-up and the items you should have lying around the house. It's all very basic set-up. I'm not one of those bbm or full52 guys but trust me guys you will not be disappointed.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I failed to mention that I would have liked atleast one more set of gimmicks. But oh well I can always BUY more.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 16:08, Rpascual wrote:
I failed to mention that I would have liked atleast one more set of gimmicks. But oh well I can always BUY more.

It's quite easy to remove the gimmicks and set up further cardboxes if you're careful. I've used mine several times!

Iain.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 16:08, Rpascual wrote:

Thanks for your review. Glad you like 'Encased'.

RE: the above about 'buying' more gimmicks. You get enough to set up two card cases and the gimmicks are re-useable - when the card case wears out you can very easily install the gimmicks in another card case. I'm NOT trying to sell more 'gimmicks'. This is not a 're-fill' type of effect.

Just want to make that clear.

Dave.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Encased rocks.
I'm visiting my daughter in the Ukraine (Peace Corp) and her students asked me what my interests were. When I said magic you can guess the next request. I did my usual stuff and ended with Encased.
No language problem with this trick. It killed!
Thank you David and thank you Chris for turning me on to it.
Signing off for now.
From Russia with Love - Dan
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Picked this up yesterday at my local shop. I watched the DVD today, and made up the gimmick in just a few minutes.

I really like this a lot. The gimmick is clever, the handling is easy and practical, and the effect is strong. I've already performed it for myself a few times, and I can imagine it really being a killer.

In addition to the basic premise of a card being selected and signed, and then appearing inside the box between the 2 jokers, David also goes through several other handlings of varying skill level. I'll probably stick with the basic presentation, but I'm glad these were included as extras.

The DVD comes with the basic elements of what you need to gimmick 2 card boxes. And as said previously, the gimmicks can easily be transferred to other boxes if desired, or if your boxes wear out. I can't ever see a need to buy any new gimmicks. You will need a little something else to prep your card box, but it's a common household item, and most people should have it already. I did.

I can definitely see that this is a worker, as you carry your normal deck around in it, so you can do any card effect under the sun before or after Encased. Also, you really can use any cards you want. Bicycles, Tally-Ho, Ellusionist or T11 decks, etc. The gimmicks can be applied to absolutely any deck.

This is the first effect of David's that I've purchased, and it's definitely made me interested in his other work. His on-camera persona is good, and he teaches everything clearly.

Looking forward to using this one!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Adam Wood
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
225 Posts

Profile of Adam Wood
Just picked this up recently and must say this is an awesome effect! The other four routines are icing on the cake. As has been mentioned Metal Case IS worth the price of the DVD!
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” -Doug Henning

"Don't make magic impossible, make impossible magic!" - Adam

PEACE, LOVE & MAGIC!!!
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Could I use this with a signed card that was used in an earlier routine? For example, I do my other routine that involves a signed selection, then used Encased to have that signed card appear in the box?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Encased" DVD by David Forrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL