The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Encased" DVD by David Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Absolutely.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Why is there no demo of the basic Encased routine on the Full52.com website? The demo shows a routine that does not even feature the card to card box.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

The routine on the trailer is the main card to card box effect. You just don't see the whole effect in the trailer.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
The demo link said "Mental Case" which is just one of the routines on the DVD, but I never saw a card to card box in this clip. Am I missing something?
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Cameron is referring to the promo video which is no longer on the website.

I thought I would illustrate the different uses for Encased and try to highlight it's versatility a little by using the clip of Mental Case. The card in card case effect is just that - once you've heard it described, there's not really much more to see which is why I thought a demo video of that effect would be superfluous.

However, I have now added a second demo to the webpage of the main effect, 'Just Encased'. See it here: http://www.full52.com/encased.htm

Cheers,

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Doh! My bad. Hadn't looked at the website in a little while.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
David, thank you for posting this. I've read so many wonderful reviews of the routine, I wanted to see it in action. It indeed looks like a strong routine!
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I have to say Mental Case is really nice. I will be using this effect.
Wonder
View Profile
New user
North Wales, United Kingdom.
44 Posts

Profile of Wonder
Hi, fellow Magicians this is my first post on the Magic Café, I seen Encased a while ago now but at the time I got Davids Trickery DVD instead. Now it's on DVD I'll be picking this up shortly, I love Davids work & cannot wait for David & Cameron Francis new DVD also.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1937 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I ll get Cameron's new DVD only if he promise that he will say "Hey, How you doing?" in a real Tribiani style in the intro.
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Wonder
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Wonder
The booklet Vs the DVD, I understand the DVD has add tips, handling etc. does the booklet contain everything the DVD has except the added tips, handling etc, I only ask because the magic dealer I deal with has only the booklet in stock. As iam buying more than one item from them its cheaper post wise, if you know what I mean. If the DVD has a lot more added info then the booklet version, I think I'll send off for it from Full52. I just have to say David Forrest & Cameron Francis work is absolutely fantastic & worth every penny. Thank you for your replys.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Wonder, I would get the dvd. The set up that Dave teaches is easier and the Mental Case routine is really, really good. My 2 cents.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment.
Wonder
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Wonder
Thank you for the advice I'll go with the DVD.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya!

This has just been Magic Friday'd!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=175#0

~jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I found that the DVD was very well shot and David Forrest certainly makes every effort to give out as much information as possible and communicates things clearly. The effect itself does as advertized and the set up is easy and rather intuitive for a gaff. Over all a nicely done project.

(note: some day I'll figure out how to find my documents on my new word 2007 and post my regular review....hint hint to anyone who can email me how to do that)
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1419 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
This effect is the absolute best thing to hit the market in a long time! One word... BRILLIANT. I've worked out a way to use it at any time in my act, end with a clean deck, and reset in front of the spectators. I HIGHLY recommend this. It's so easy and elegant. And I also wanted to mention that David is easy to get ahold of... ;-)
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
Haha this is excellent, total magician fooler Smile brillant work, one thing I noticed was you spelt attract on the gimmick message but I guess that's minor Smile This is great and the routines are all excellent, I use this as my normal card case and just change the gimmicks depending on which cards I'm using Smile it works brilliantly I used it with joker reveal too on the ghost deck but it doesn't really add much to the effect

James
Astone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Astone
I have to agree that this new concept is really brilliant. The handlings and finesses taught in this DVD are really worth the asking price.

Pierre
sanjaya
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of sanjaya
I own both the booklet and the DVD. I liked the original so much I wanted the new work on this. It was worth every penny. Love The Trickery too. Good stuff!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
You really can't go wrong with this effect. It is permenantly set up in my card case and I use it or not as the situation arises. It is very strong, totaly baffling and easy to do.
Just watch the DVD, put it together and off you go. Wahay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Encased" DVD by David Forrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL