The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Self-Working Card Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Where can I find the explanation for the Quadruple Prediction card trick?
Loreen

"Hindsight corrects the mistakes that foresight could have prevented"
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Lbuford:

Don't know if it's the same, as what you're asking?
Possibly, Quadruple Coincidence?
If so, By: George Starke (Don't know if his is the original?)
(Scarne Card Tricks)/Mr. John Scarne)
(Pg. 95)

Happy Easter!

Sixten
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Unfortunately, that's not the one. With the Quadruple Prediction, the spectator cuts the deck and tuns the chosen stack as many time as they want. The performer shows 3 predictions, and ultimately, the outcome shows the card that the performer predicted, which at first, you think was a mistake in the last prediction. This is the video of the performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fEI6Q09lnk
Loreen

the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Lbuford,

It shows at the end of the video where to go to find the explanation to the trick. This looks very similar to Simon Aronson's "Shufflebored," Aldo Colombini's "Pre-Deck-Ability," and John Bannon's "Wait Until Dark." Aronson's effect is in a book entitled "Bound to Please" and you can find it on his website (www.simonaronson.com). I don't remember what Aldo Colombini's effect is from but I'm sure you can find it at his website (www.wildcolombini.com) and Bannon's trick is from his excellent book "Dear Mister Fantasy" which is available at his website (www.johnbannonmagic.com). I think Simon Aronson was the first to come up with this idea. Enjoy you search.
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Thanks for the website info. That website mention on YouTube does not give you the explanation. It gives you a list of videos to watch, including "Quadruple Prediction". They charge $1.99 for the download explanation.
Loreen

the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
I thought the fact that they charge for the secret would have been obvious. I actually have a hunch they shouldn't be charging a dime for these secrets because I'm not sure these are this persons secrets to give. A dollar ninety-nine is cheap for a trick, but like I said, I have a hunch these aren't his secrets to sell. I may be wrong of course, but if I were you I would search out some of the other sources I mentioned for this trick. You'll be getting a lot more for your money. Sorry if I'm giving advice where it isn't wanted. I usually don't do this but I feel it's warranted in this case because I think this person is making money off something someone else created.
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Yes, I do appreciate your advice. But, no, it wasn't obvious, because other "YouTubers" do it the same way. The only difference is, when they say go to a site for the explanation, it's usually free. I didn't run across this particular effect online when I did a search.
Loreen

the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
I see. I'm not used to checking youtube for explanations. Good luck.
bik0z
View Profile
Regular user
France
108 Posts

Profile of bik0z
Try to search for "Magic Trick Revealed" on http://www.youtube.com and you'll be disgusted: there are hundreds of videos matching these keywords...

That's purely and simply dumb. :-/
My English sucks, I know it. It's probably better than your French anyway...
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Bikoz,

This is really sad. Although I have a hunch most of the people attempting to explain these tricks perform them poorly in the first place which would give away the method anyway. All that does is make a person look like an idiot and what was probably a rush for them at the time they uploaded the explanation is probably the only benefit they'll receive from such activity. My question for those is... if you want to be a good magician, why not spend the time you spent working on learning and filming the explanation to a trick on actually practicing the trick and learning to perform it well for people who will be much more appreciative of it?

A mediocre performer will fade into the background and be forgotten about quickly. A good performer will be remembered for a long time.
bik0z
View Profile
Regular user
France
108 Posts

Profile of bik0z
And if you absolutely need to share videos with other magicians, please use a password-protected system. Or at least, if you stick with Youtube and friends, don't name your video after the method involved or the actual trick name.

I know that some people use random/cryptic like names 'htz37kjesp' for that purpose. They can still share links to their videos but the videos cannot be reached by a simple keyword search. Of course, the videos can still be reached if you know the magician's nickname...

My 2 cents.
My English sucks, I know it. It's probably better than your French anyway...
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Scarne's Card Tricks?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Try aldo colombini's pre-deck-ability its the same effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Self-Working Card Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL