The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you smoke? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Just wondering who the smokers are.

I quit in November 2006. I'm a bit fatter now. Man I would like a good cigar right now!

I can buy real Cuban stuff all day long...legally!

I just don't allow myself to smoke anymore. Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Non smoker here.

Wanna do a little social experiment?

7 out of 10 smokers are women. If you are somewhere and nobody is smoking, then all of a sudden you smell smoke, chances of it being a woman are more than 90%.

Just start paying attention if you want to see for yourself.

:smoke:
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Resist the cigar Jeff. I've heard of many ex-smokers who tried the occasional cigar. If you were hooked before, it'll get you again.

(14 year non-smoking smoker) Josh.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I wonder where the smokers are. I live in the DC-Northern Virginia area, and NOBODY smokes. Well, practically nobody ... I literally never encounter it.

So does middle America make up for it?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
As much as I LOVE NYC, the very worst part is being assualted by the smokers outside in front of buildings that you enter. They stand right directly in front of the entrance. You can't walk down ANY street or enter any building without getting smoke blown in your face!

Totally sux!
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Not me.
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
41 years ago I took my oldest child home from the hospital, I threw my pack of smokes out the window of my car, and I haven't had any of that nasty drug since.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Like the idiot I can be, I smoked for a few years in my 20s. (Guess I had more health and wealth than I needed or something.) Haven't smoked since 1988.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Never smoked a cigarette in my life, not one, never. A gift from my mother who disgusted me from a young age with the cloud of smoke that hung in her room most days and stank to high heaven.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I don't smoke, it is disgusting. While I have no problem with someone smoking, don't do it near me.

I was on a cruise with a balcony room and could hardly go on the balcony. We were towards the back of the ship and were being pulled into everyone's cigarette smoke.

At college they put the cigarette receptacles and benches right outside the doors of the buildings.
-Matt
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
College? WHOA! All this time I haven't realized you're a genius. I beg your pardon, truly. I had to wait until I was eighteen to go to college. Being in college at fourteen must be WAY COOL and exciting in many ways.

I tip my hat to you. It's also cool that you don't smoke. Do yourself a favor and never start.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I started smoking when I was 14 (Matt's age).
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
For a few years, I drove a cab in NYC and the only way I could get some fresh air waiting in the polluted traffic was to light up a cigarette.

But other than that, no.

Jack
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I'm 19!!!!!!
-Matt
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Years ago I was a smoker and quit cold turkey. Then years after that I was drinking at a party and had one cigarette just for fun. On the way home without even thinking I bought a pack and was hooked again. I quit again with the patch which was difficult and I wasn't much fun to be around at the time. It's been five years, now if I'm ever tempted I just remember how difficult and irritating it was to quit and my urge quickly passes.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 09:28, Al Angello wrote:
41 years ago I took my oldest child home from the hospital, I threw my pack of smokes out the window of my car, and I haven't had any of that nasry drug since.

Well done, Al!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I never have. My ex-wife has a boyfriend who works at a small corner market. He gave my 18 year old son, who has Autism and lives with me, a bunch of flavored cigars. My son was pestering me to let him smoke one, finally I gave in and told him to go ahead, do what you want. So he went out back for about a half hour. He then comes running in the house and heads straight for the bathroom,puking his guts out. After a while he staggers out and tells me he's not feeling well, he's going to lay down in his room. 2 minutes later he's back in the bathroom throwing up some more, then back to bed for the rest of the day. First thing the next morning he heads out back and builds a small fire and throws the rest of his cigars in the fire. He tells me he'll never try smoking again.
Bob.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Wish that happened to me when I smoked my first cigarette as a teen.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 06:25, Justin Style wrote:
7 out of 10 smokers are women. If you are somewhere and nobody is smoking, then all of a sudden you smell smoke, chances of it being a woman are more than 90%.

It depends on your zip code and your GPS location! From my location, the smokers are all men - at the VA. Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
I smoke.(30 plus years)
I roll my own.
I enjoy smoking!
I really wished I didn't enjoy it!!
I will quit!
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you smoke? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL