The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pirates? Arrgh! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Doug, with the .50, they can hear you from a long way away. Nice pick, esn. Me, id go for a SAW-big clip nice fire rate. and I don't have to be close to take out the undead.

doug, check this shot out with the .50 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhysoS2DC8M

then this rifle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVOH7Ep_8w&feature=related
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
They wouldn'yt hear the report of the particular bullet that was about to remove their head...it would sound after the fact. Somebody else would hear it yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMOpUZikqMQ&NR=1
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2843 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 16:26, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Doug,

Barretts are very nice. I was actually disappointed by the Governator's decision to restrict .50 cal sniper rifles in CA, as they do have a legitimate recreational use- extreme long range target shooting. (Besides, when you consider how expensive each round of ammunition is, even if someone steals the rifle, they won't be able to afford the ammo.)

However, their usage in a zombie attack is questionable, depending primarily on the size of the uprising, and how many zombies you can get to stand in a straight line. I'd personally prefer a Heckler & Koch CAWS. A combat shotgun is perfect for a large scale zombie invasion- great for dealing with multiple undead targets in an urban setting, with a good scatter at short range, and brain-popping goodness at point-blank. Pity they cancelled production.
-Erik

There's a sequence in "Left 4 Dead" where you can get a sniper rifle and pick off quite a few zombies outside the window. Once it dawns on them what's happening and they start to "swarm," you're better off going back in and getting either the automatic or the auto-shotgun (my wife's fave weapon).
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

When we were kids we all wanted to be pirates or cowboys (apart from my mate Alan who wanted to be a tractor). They're living the dream! I think this whole situation may all be as a result of one over eager Somali careers advisor;
“I wanna be a pirate”
“The world’s your oyster go for it.”

Everyone seems to be having a good chuckle at their distinct lack of eyepatches and parrots but I think they have the right idea. Peter Pan wouldn’t be quite so cocky if Hook had an uzi.

I liked it when they held that tanker to ransom for $100,000. $100,000? That’s a rather Doctor Evil kind of amount. It’s the equivalent of hi-jacking a car and making off with the sucker-pawed garfield.

Zombies get a bad press, too. Undead Power!

george
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
The latest Southpark episode (from Wednesday) was all about Pirate Life in Somalia. Check it out.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2843 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'd rather gnaw off my leg than actually sit through a Southpark episode thank you.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 11:19, ed rhodes wrote:
I'd rather gnaw off my leg than actually sit through a Southpark episode thank you.

I used to feel that way during the early seasons of the show and avoided it for that reason. But the shows have improved since then, IMO. Not every episode is good, but some are great.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Rifles are the best distance weapons, shotguns are the best close quarters weapons, .44's are the best sidearm, and the Browning Hi-Power is the best 9mm sidearm, In my opinion.
I love my 12ga, I think it's the ideal home defense weapon.
Think about it, most home invasions take place in lowlight conditions, if they have a .22, and you have a shotgun and a Mag-Lite, it's already over.
Anyway, was just thinking about guns.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nothing says 'have a nice day somewhere else' like the sound of a shotgun loading a round (I know, I likely used the wrong terminology and someone is going to tell me but remember I'm not a gun nut so go ahead).
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2843 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 11:56, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 11:19, ed rhodes wrote:

I used to feel that way during the early seasons of the show and avoided it for that reason. But the shows have improved since then, IMO. Not every episode is good, but some are great.

I have watched occasionally. I saw the episode with the imaginary world in danger. Clever writing, but _what_ specifically they were saying was distasteful and not forme!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
We have very little trouble with Zombies down here - indeed I've never seen one in real life - only on TV.

I shall be much kinder to you Americans now I understand the stress you are under fending off constant attacks from the undead.

Quote:
Clever writing, but _what_ specifically they were saying was distasteful
I avoid real life for the same reason.

Destiny
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 11:56, critter wrote:
Rifles are the best distance weapons, shotguns are the best close quarters weapons, .44's are the best sidearm, and the Browning Hi-Power is the best 9mm sidearm, In my opinion.
I love my 12ga, I think it's the ideal home defense weapon.
Think about it, most home invasions take place in lowlight conditions, if they have a .22, and you have a shotgun and a Mag-Lite, it's already over.
Anyway, was just thinking about guns.

My wife could castrate a fly at 50 yards with a rifle, but I tell her that if she ever needs to confront an intruder to grab the 12 gauge.
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 19:04, MagicSanta wrote:
Nothing says 'have a nice day somewhere else' like the sound of a shotgun loading a round (I know, I likely used the wrong terminology and someone is going to tell me but remember I'm not a gun nut so go ahead).

so true, someone hears that ratcheting sound, and that's about it
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Just watched an interesting news report - an Australian journalist flew into Putland with the help of a Somali student who just finished studying at an Australian university and now works for the President of Putland.

He filmed around Putland with the protection of the Presidents own security detail. They didn't mention who was looking after the President during this time.

While it doesn't excuse the piracy, the report clearly showed the impact on their fishing caused by the European and Asian fishing fleets that moved into their waters once the central government collapsed in the nineties. Their catches are down 96%. Initially the fishermen were attacking the trawlers devastating their waters and stealing the food out of their mouths. From this beginning came the piracy we see today.

I keep hoping to catch up with a Somali friend I haven't seen in a while. He came here as a 16 year old and now must be mid 20's. He has always avoided any discussion of why and how he came to be here and has never said a word about life in Somalia. But then much of his time seems to be focused on the cultivation and consumption of his favoured herb.

Destiny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pirates? Arrgh! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL