The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pirates? Arrgh! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 19:23, MagicSanta wrote:
What operation in Iran in 78?

I do admit I liked the attempt to compare trained SEAL snipers to Billy Bob wanting to carry a .38 in case he gets mugged.

Nevada is a little lawless (trivia...I think Vegas is the most pistol packin' city in the country).

Operation in 78....I think it was a little more like in 80 before the election. IMHO President Carter trying to get reelected after letting our embasy personell sit in limbo for what turned out to be 444 days. I am surprised you wernt there Santa, you have been everywhere else. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw

I do admit I liked the attempt to compare trained SEAL snipers to Billy Bob wanting to carry a .38 in case he gets mugged.

http://ccwsaveslives.blogspot.com/ Read the stories and these are the ones that people know where to go and tell them. I am sure that there are many countless other untold. Also I would not carry a .38. I would carry a Sig Sauer P229 in .357. I do not intend to wound as if you try to hurt me I will try to take you out not wound.

Nevada is a little lawless (trivia...I think Vegas is the most pistol packin' city in the country). Trivia should be FACT not THOUGHTS.

NUMS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If you mean the rescue attempt that was 80. I was on a sub base in Georgia, where were you stationed Nums? I can't help it you never went anywhere, I can't hold your hand and guide you.

See, lil' Nums, I wasn't posting thoughts as facts, nice of me eh? Carry what you want, I'm not worried about you.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 21:13, nums wrote:

http://ccwsaveslives.blogspot.com/ Read the stories and these are the ones that people know where to go and tell them. I am sure that there are many countless other untold.

Yeah, but for every story like that, even including the untold ones, I bet there are one or two like this one:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/......_nephew/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Another US ship attacked near the coast of Africa today with automatic weapons. Pirates didn't board the ship or get to.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Why did they repeat the same stories multiple times? A couple of those folks kinda broke the law by going out after people and also by shooting at departing cars, which indicates the threat was over. I do like the story where the criminal was ran over by his pal.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 22:06, MagicSanta wrote:
Why did they repeat the same stories multiple times? A couple of those folks kinda broke the law by going out after people and also by shooting at departing cars, which indicates the threat was over. I do like the story where the criminal was ran over by his pal.

Repeating stories at http://ccwsaveslives.blogspot.com/ you mean?

Good catch, Santa. I had not really noticed that until you mentioned it.

I think it has to do with inflating the numbers. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think so too. We libs gotta stick together.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The pivironmentalists were at it again, trying to stop a humanitarian aid ship from dumping its nuclear waste along the coast! Champions of the people.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 21:47, MagicSanta wrote:
If you mean the rescue attempt that was 80. I was on a sub base in Georgia, where were you stationed Nums? I can't help it you never went anywhere, I can't hold your hand and guide you.

See, lil' Nums, I wasn't posting thoughts as facts, nice of me eh? Carry what you want, I'm not worried about you.

I was walking the DMZ in Korea with guns in holster in 83. I find it funny that I was required at 18 to carry a loaded gun but I cant carry one now as I do not have a reason, according to them.

Santa, when one says "Trivia" it makes it sound as though you are stateing a fact as dictionary .com defines "trivia" as "matters or things that are very unimportant, inconsequential, or nonessential" So either it is a fact or if Las VEgas is the most heavely armed city is a fact or very unimportant, inconsequential, or nonessential.

NUMS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Don't feel bad, my cousin couldn't pass the test to get in the Navy either. He was in Korea at the time, got taken by some woman who wanted to come to the US. Those Army guys....so silly. Who is the 'them' that won't let you carry a gun? The Koreans?

I read articles about Las Vegas having more people carrying guns than any other city. I, of course, don't always believe what I read, you know, like that nonsense about 2,500,000 people using guns to stop crimes, like anyone would believe that.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Those poor somali victims weren't pirates, they were merchant marine organizers. Poor, poor guys, just trying to make a couple million dollars the only way they can and they get KILLED. Yet, the ceos of gm and ford and aig are still alive.

IT"S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!

LEAVE THE SOMALI PIRATES ALONE!!!!!

Sarcasm<off>
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When the big Tsunami hit it wiped out most of the Thai pirates....
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Tsunami's Rule.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Not counting the quarter-million casualties.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Of course. Please...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That was a terrible thing, of course, but it did kill off most of the pirates.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
But they had boats.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Got point...gotta be that karma thing that got 'em.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 21:54, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 21:13, nums wrote:

http://ccwsaveslives.blogspot.com/ Read the stories and these are the ones that people know where to go and tell them. I am sure that there are many countless other untold.

Yeah, but for every story like that, even including the untold ones, I bet there are one or two like this one:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/......_nephew/

This is twice now that you have trotted out this story in an attempt to discredit concealed carry permit holders. The problem is that there was no concealed carry issue involved here. Not even a mention of one existing for the grand parents.
Would you like a rake to clean up the straw man you knocked down?
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-04-17 08:41, JRob wrote:

This is twice now that you have trotted out this story in an attempt to discredit concealed carry permit holders.

What I posted and what I was saying have nothing to do with any attempt to discredit carry permit holders. That is in your mind.

I've never said anything against people having the right to bear arms for personal safety, except that I believe there should be some reasonable limit on the scope of arms they are permitted to carry on the street (e.g., like no rocket launchers, no automatic weapons with 1000 rounds of ammo being dragged in a cart behind them on a sidewalk, etc.).

Remind me, what does any of this have to do with pirates?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pirates? Arrgh! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL