The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Stand up show table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
Hello All,

I have been looking for a small portable table to use for intimate stand up shows. As in homes. I have used suitcase tables (too large) and flat surfaces attached to tripods. I saw, several months ago, a member post some of the tables that he makes. I can not find that thread. They were "boxes" on wooden stands. Now, these were beautifuly made from wood with a nice surface on the top. Storage area within. Does anyone have that members post? Or if you have additional ideas, I am open to them.

thanks so much,

David
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Frank Starsini turned me on to his "10 second table." It is the Globe Trap table. Google the term and you can find several places that sell them. They are a musician's table that drummers use to set things on, 18 x 24 and the height is adjustable to any where you want it. I am 5" 4" so I set it at one spot, but a friend who is well over 6" can adjust it so it is comfortable for him. Cost around $100.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Hi David,
Here's the photo of how use it. Pearl Trap Table is the brand I bought.

www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
HiFrank:

I like your setup. How is the servante atatched to the table and what is the rolling box called and can I find it on line?
Thanks, Ed Gilmore
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

The servante is attached to the table with a little metal bracket screwed underneath on each side then just clipped to that. It's very simple.
There are many photos showing various connections on my website and Picasa.
I started out wanting to find a way to quickly attach it but later realized there was no need to un-attach it. It just stays attached. when I lift the table top up and flip it upside down, the servante just lays on it perfectly waiting for the next show. D'oh! But it easily detached via little clips.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

The case is simply a Vaultz rolling file case. if you already have suitcase carrier then you can get the Vaultz file case that is not a rolling case. The inside of the vaultz cases are velcro friendly. The outside has a combo lock.
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I use Mikame's Pro/Practice table and Uday's Servante Utility. Here's my review:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=113&3

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Stand up show table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL